Ah I really really hate this

I really hate having DID. When I first found out I was curious because I was confused but then it hit me and I realized that all of it was because of everything that happened when I was a child. Everything is always fuzzy, I have no idea who I am all the time, I keep finding myself in places without knowing how I got there. It’s just constant flashbacks and panic attacks and dissociation and I hate it so much. If I could get rid of it, and just be a singlet again, I would. Don’t get me wrong I love my headmates and I know they’re there for a reason but I hate this so much.

On the bright side, I’m getting a therapist who might be able to help us. Our previous therapist is retiring, and she specifically recommended someone who’s trained in PTSD and trauma so that we can actually get the help that we need, considering our old therapist wasn’t trained in trauma at all. So hopefully things will start getting a bit better.

7 Likes

I’m so excited to hear about a new therapist who is more trained in those issues! Hoping it brings you more relief and tips and tricks! You’re very brave and very amazing. You survived your childhood as best as you could, and I’m glad you’re here with us!

1 Like

That’s so awesome that you’re going to get a new therapist that can actually help you.

I really, really hope you find peace. :hrtlegolove: :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.