AILD Fan #10

My daughter has non verbal autism and I feel helpless because she can’t communicate to me. And I’m doing this all by myself. The person I love the most in this world can’t tell me she loves me.

1 Like

as long as she can hear you that’s all that matters. She loves you, but by showing how much you love her you can find a way to feel her love, not hear it.

1 Like

Be strong. The fact that you are a mother taking care of a child like her says a lot in itself. She may not be able to verbally say she loves you but the touch, sense and connection of a mother’s love for her child and the child to mother does more than words can explain.

I relate to this so much. I have a special needs brother and used to work with special needs children. We both now this is a world that not many can understand. I hope you know this if not there are community in your area that support parents that have autistic children. You are not alone in this. There is help. Ugh I am tearing up about this because I dont want you feeling there is not hope. The more I have been around special need children the more I have learned there are different ways there are going to show that they love us. Yes, Its very hard but we are not alone in this. There is always hope.

Hold Fast
Morgan Vincent Hochstetler
@MorganVinHoch
HeartSupport Intern

1 Like

There are many ways to communicate love. Focus on the small acts of kindness and appreciation that your daughter shows. Some things take time, so take it one step at a time. it may be difficult but not impossible. c:

She still can show you, and I’m certain if you look, you’ll notice she does