AILD Fan #116

The fact that my mother is mean mentally abusive person

1 Like

Hey man sorry you have to deal with that, and I’m glad you able talk about it here. But you not let her words get to you. She has own demons and does know how handle her feelings.
There are video on YouTube by Kati Morgan that talks about how to deal with toxic parents. But also if you have therapist talk to them.

Stay strong

Hey that’s never easy to deal with. Try to focus on all of the positive things that you have in your life. Maybe you could also try to talk to your mom about how that makes you feel. Maybe then you could figure out what is happening to make her do this and y’all can work together to improve y’alls relationship. I would also continue talking to people to help you get through this. You can talk to people on here, friends, family, or maybe a therapist. You’ve got this.

Hi friend,

I’m sorry you have to deal with this. I grew up with an abusive mother too. I realized many years after that she had her own struggles and didn’t how to behave differently than being toxic with her own kids.

Being aware of the fact she’s abusive is important. It will help you to protect yourself from her mean words. You’re probably already able to identify that when she says something hateful or to diminish you, it isn’t true. I know it’s hard not to be affected by what she said. But try not to let yourself drown by it, as much as you can. You are wonderful just as you are. And if you feel comfortable with the idea of talking to her, if you think she’d be able to understand how it makes you feel, then it would be worth to try to explain it to her.

You matter.

Sending much love your way. :heart:

I so understand this on so many levels. My mother and I have never had a healthy relationship. She was an addict and an alcoholic. Mental illness runs through her family. She was physical with me but has spent a lot of my years trying to deny the hurt she’s applied.

I’m so sorry that you have to experience a mentally abusive mother. I’ve been haunted by the same thing for so many years and I hate it when I see others have to face that.

If you ever need to talk…if you ever need a safe place, please feel free to reach out. You are not alone. You don’t have to be alone.

• Kitty

I understand that feeling. Maybe remove yourself from that situation, if you can. If you need or want to express your feelings (of any kind) text me. No matter the time. I’ll reach out.