AILD Fan #120

I do the same thing everyday. Work and drink when i get home. Anxiety has me not wanting to go meet people, even talk to my neighbors. But no motivation to change…

1 Like

Life changes so, so much. When I was 15 I thought I knew. When I was 25 I thought I knew. I’m 47. At least now I know that I don’t really have any idea what may happen next. I try and live as a “good” person. Anxiety and stress have come and gone. Give yourself time. And accept that, at times , stress will be required and research healthy ways to relieve or deal with those times. Hugs friend

1 Like

Yeah, it’s brutal to feel like you wake up and find yourself hating these things about your life and having this desire to change, but when the parts of your life that require change come, you just do the same damn thing, even knowing that you’re going to be pissed at yourself and still doing it anyways…and then you feel more and more hopeless as time passes, because you lose trust in yourself ever being able to make the change, so you go through these cycles of feeling like WTF is the point and OMG I have to do something.

It’s a brutal place to be…I know it all too well in my own life…literally felt it yesterday…like, hey, doing something with my nights – I told myself I was going to do something – and then I fell into the same shit I told myself I wouldn’t…The things I want to do I don’t do, and the things I don’t want to do, that’s what I do…I feel you, friend. You’re not alone. Thank you for sharing.

I have hope that we can overcome this cycle, especially when we don’t hide from ourselves and from the world…when we share our pain, we can share our strength.

-Nate

2 Likes

OP here.

Nate- Im glad im not the only one that feels like this. Just hearing that makes it a whole lot better.

Tr33hugg3r- thank you for the reality stand point of we are never knowing what will happen. I guess everyone no matter how long we have been here knows what will happen next, but i guess thats just what comes with life and makes it somewhat exciting or nerve racking, however you want to see it.

Im feeling a bit better today, and seeing my counselor tomorrow. Thank you both for your knowledge. Its eye opening.

I don’t know your specific situation but it does sound a lot like mine. My anxiety keeps me from socializing too. I never know how to start conversations so I found that people tend to open up when I start with a compliment. Like if my neighbor washes there car I’ll use that as an opportunity to start a convo, “hey, car’s looking sharp!” Its takes a lot of the pressure off to know what to say because I just give them a platform to talk and listening is way less stressful for me.

I hear you my friend. My life has been this endless cycle of the same crap for a while. I’m happy with my relationship, but lately things have been not moving forward. Still living with the parents. Partner needs a new full time job, but struggling to find one. Limited income. No mental energy to do the things I enjoy and need or want to do.

Sometimes it feels like life is a broken record.

I feel you my friend. I hear you. I see you. You are not alone. Being social can be hard sometimes. So can finding the motivation to do what we need.

If you ever need to talk about it, know you are welcome here.

Stay strong

• Kitty