AILD Fan #121

I moved to a new state with my boyfriend and I’m starting to think it was a huge mistake we’ve been together 4 years but yet I still always feel like I’m walking on eggshells because of my many mental traumas I can’t control!

Hi friend,

Dealing with traumas can be really difficult. You don’t have to do it alone, and asking for help is okay. Talking about it, in a safe and respectful environment, can be helpful to regain some perspective over it. It’s quite normal if you can’t control it right now, but I know how overwhelming it can be. Surround yourself with the support you need, friend, you have the right to do it.

I’m sorry about your relationship too. It will certainly be easier to think about it when you’ll be able to handle your past demons. There’s nothing wrong with you. But going through traumas can affect a relationship as it’s getting hard to make our beloved ones understand.

I sincerely hope things will get better for you in times to come. Sending much love to you. :heart:

Feeling trapped in a tough situation can feel like a struggle, because not seeing a way out leads us to believe our circumstances will never change. Though the perspective is skewed, this is not the case. Life is defined by change, and your circumstances will inevitably change for the better.