AILD Fan #130

Dead-end job. Stacked up bills. Feels like the world is coming to an end

That’s a lot on your plate. I’m so sorry friend.
Is it possible to try to find a different job place so you don’t feel so stuck in something that feels dead-end?
I know job search can be such a challenge. Especially when bills are stacking and you have to try somewhere new.

Very tough my friend. But you don’t have to go about it alone. We’re always here if you just need a place to come and talk about it. If you just need some encouragement and support. No judgement.

I hope there is some sort of resolve for you friend. That you find guidance, peace and some sort of happiness in your situation.

We’re here if you want to talk.

• Kitty

I know what it’s like to feel like your bills are stacking up and never ending. It does feel like everything is falling apart. One thing that someone showed me was Dave Ramsey. I learned this thing called the debt snowball and it was super effective. I was able to pay off 14k in debt last year thanks to it. Still go a long way to go and it is hard work sometimes but totally an achievable goal.

I understand how that feels. It’s very real. I recommend reading 12 Rules for Life, lots of great advice in there on finding meaning in our life’s. I’ve hit that dead end too before but there’s always a way to navigate our biggest dilemmas. Bills can be paid off in time, you know how great you are and what your self worth is, let’s find someone else who also recognizes those talents

I understand this feeling all too well. Bills will always be there, and that feeling of being stuck definitely can build up to a point where it feels hopeless. But a job doesn’t have to be permanent. It can be scary to leave a job, and I definitely don’t recommend leaving without a new job waiting for you.

Not too long ago, I posted here about a very similar feeling & how my current job feels as though it’s sucking my soul out of my body little by little and day by day. While it isn’t necessarily a dead-end job, due to past (we’ll say) situations, it feels as though there is nowhere left for me to go.

The only thing I can think to suggest is to perhaps actively seek out other job opportunities that could potentially be more fulfilling, offer the opportunity to advance within that job/employer…

It’s definitely stressful. Not too longer ago I posted about the very same thing, but not without the bills stacking up necessarily… But that hopeless, stuck feeling with my job. You’ll figure it out; I have faith in you.