AILD Fan #131

I am having a procedure done on my heart in a week and I feel very alone and very scared.

2 Likes

Hi friend! I want to wish you the best of luck next week with your procedure. Im thinking about you. And I hope that everything goes smoothly, that you’re able to heal and recover quickly!

I hope too that you will come back and let us know how you are doing and how it went. And know that if you need a place to talk during the process of healing or even the rest of the week leading up to it, that you are welcome here.

Much love to you friend. You don’t have to be alone. Okay?

• Kitty

I’m sorry you are going through that. I am really afraid of surgeries too and one of the things the doctor showed me was the quantity similar surgeries done. In my case it was within the same day. It was to correct again and the doctor was like I am doing the same procedure 7 more times that day. And probably did about 20 last week. The medical field has come a long way. Don’t let this feel disregarding. The fear you are feeling is totally understandable and is probably how most people feel

Hey, I’m here for you. I want you to know you can share some of those fears with me and we can walk the line together. Let’s talk through some of those fears if you can

I’ve had surgery before but never on my heart. I cant imagine what you are going thru. You always have support here.

If you can try not to overthink it. If you start thinking what if try your best to take a few deep breaths and remember you are with professionals who are gonna take good care of you. Keep repeating over and over everything is gonna be alright just to drown out any negative talk.

Maybe some happy music to distract you until then… or journal… when it comes to these things I feel its important for the person to visualize a positive outcome… I think the body responds to what you tell it…

I know you are scared and its okay to feel that I’m not saying dont just to keep from overthinking it and feeding the fear try and move the steering wheel a little to distracting yourself with positive things that lift you up make you smile or laugh…

Try some meditation apps if the anxiety starts to build… you will be in my thoughts and I’ll send out positive vibes for you. You’re in good hands I can feel it. Let us know when you’re able how it went and how you are healing I imagine it will take some time.

It’s okay to be scared but we all got you… lean into us for support if you want talk out your fears what things are you telling yourself to help feed the fear maybe we can help ease your worries or at least give you a place to release and share your fears … we dont judge here so maybe it will help to talk them out idk what do you think?

We are all here for you… you got this… I wish I could give you a hug of support or hold your hand just know we are here to listen and help if we can

1 Like

Hey friend, Having something done to your heart can be so so scary but I know you can push through it. I believe if you and you can heal and get stronger. You’re not alone in this, you have your doctors and surgeons who are taking care of you. You can trust them, talk to them. They may know more so you are less scared.
Love you friend, hold fast.

Hey friend. We discussed your topic on the HeartSupport Twitch stream today! Here’s the live video response!
Hold Fast

2 Likes