AILD Fan #132

Army vet that basically has failed to reintegrate into civil life. Talking to anyone is a stressful and nerve-wracking experience.

2 Likes

I’m not a vet. But I was a military spouse for 14 years. I didn’t get deployed or experience any of that, so there are things I can’t fully understand, but I do know the life of the military. The sacrifices. The mental health struggles than comes with it for the active duty and families.

First of all, thanks for your service. Second of all, I’m here if you need a friend.

Never be afraid to reach out here if you need to get things off your shoulders okay? We care.

Much love

• Kitty

Thank you for everything. I am a vet too. It took me a long time to talk to someone about it, but even 10 years later it was worth it. For me I never felt good enough to go to the VA like I didn’t deserve it. That was the military mindset I was trained in. The truth is, that way of thinking is garbage. The fact that you raised your right hand qualifies you for the resources that can help you. And to be honest it’s not up to me you or anyone else to determine if we qualify or not. The VA is the one that gets to decide.