AILD Fan #152

I feel like I have lost my purpose in life. I thought I knew what the Lord wanted me to do in this world years ago, but now I am feeling hopeless and stuck. My life feels mundane and I don’t know what to look forward to.

Hey, I’m sorry you are going through that struggle. That sounds really difficult and challenging. My name is Corey and I’m a 25 year old guy who likes to help people whenever possible so I hope you are able to overcome this hard time. It is much easier said than done, but a mentality I try to always embrace in life that’s helped me is being positive and looking at the bright side of life as much as possible. That has not always been easy for me. A part of my testimony or life story is having struggles with mental health. I have struggled with severe and debilitating OCD, Bi-Polar Disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and a gambling problem. My struggles caused me to go from a good student (graduated high school with a 4.6 GPA) and athlete to someone who couldn’t do the basic functions of daily living. I had to take multiple years off of school and work to commit to therapy and
getting better. After several dark and difficult years, I got better and am back to my normal self and enjoying life. I recommend having hope that things can change and get better, which is an important part of making it happen. Music is something that has helped me in life believe that it’s all good even when it’s not and overcome hard times. We Came as Romans and Rebelution (a reggae artist) are a couple bands that have had good and positive messages that have helped me in life. Life can be complex and unpredictable and it can change, sometimes for the better or worse. The Lord helped me immensely throughout life and has blessed me with amazing family and friends that helped me through the dark

1 Like