AILD Fan #46

Just feel like I constantly fail and disappoint

So relatable…literally feels like something I experience(d) every day of my life. It feels like life’s got this way of holding these impossible expectations above you so that you’ll never reach them. You try as hard as you can to grab hold of some kind of success, and even if you do, the second you do, the bar is raised, and you have to try harder next time, which means there’s another reason why you’re a failure, because there is and always will be something you haven’t achieved…or a way that you haven’t proved yourself in a certain area to others…and then when you start to compare yourself to others, gosh the cycle just gets worse…because as soon as you “beat” someone, there’s another person to “beat”…it’s a maddening, never ending cycle of expectation: performance: feel worse: another expectation: perform again: feel worse.

I’ve lived that cycle for so many years, and I’m actively fighting to get off of it…to believe the TRUTH that my love is not in my performance…and that same truth applies to you too, friend. We matter because of who we are, not of what we produce.

Thanks for sharing. You are not alone.

-Nate

I’ve been through hell and back, and that’s an over used expression. I lost my mom to diabetes and I got diagnosed with type one diabetes. I’ve got a horrible job I don’t make much for a check., and I’ve only got one income in my house. I feel like every day I fail my family. With my health and my income,and because I don’t stand up to fight for more im failing my family and everything I love. But I have learned that there are people out here fat Believe in us and trust us and understand that life brings you failures. It’s up to us to understand this to become stronger and better in life just know that there are people out there that care about us and believe that we’re not failures in life we just have rough patches that we’ve got to get through. I know you’ll make something of your life and I hope you believe that because I do you just have to understand that again we have rough patches that we have to make it through in order to become something better in life. we are who!
we are we are all just chalk lines in the concrete drawn only to be washed away and in the time that we have been given we are who we are so just believe no matter what the ending is you tried your hardest to become something better. So please don’t give up things will and always get better. No matter the hurtles you come across. It will get better!!