AILD Fan #48

Fighting my demons by myself and everybody thinks I’m fine. Nobody cares and says you’ll get over it.

Yeah that’s brutal, to feel like you’re drowning, and everyone says, “JUST SWIM”…yeah, thanks a lot for the help…I’m TRYING to swim, and it just feels like I’m sucking in water every other breath…I’m barely treading here, and I think I might drown if I don’t get some help…

Totally relatable man. It’s hard to talk about our demons because other people don’t respond well, often times…they try to minimize our pain or solve it or change the subject or don’t know what to say…especially when the truth is messy, ya know? It’s not easy to tell people that I’m struggling with an addiction or suicidal thoughts or crippling anxiety…but the truth is we can’t solve any of those things by ourselves…we need help to NOT drown – we need others to lift us up, to help us swim, to get us to shore, to stop the incessant waves crashing all around us.

That’s why I think what you did by texting in was so courageous, because you’re saying – yes, I need support…and you get the opportunity to have someone else grab hold of you and say – yeah man, we can get through this together.

You are not alone, friend. Glad you don’t have to be.

-Nate

Life is beautiful. Not everyone will understand but people like me do. As the great Nick Hexum said to help me through my ups and downs. He said “Stay Positive and luve your life”