AILD Fan #88

I feel that I’m destined to fail. I will not be able to support myself. No one will never want me.

Hey, I don’t know who you are but I struggle with this all the time. You are absolutely not alone. When I’m feeling down, it’s really easy for me to seclude myself and try to push away my pain but that only makes it worse - I pretty much always feel better when I go out and do something, whether that’s see friends, do an activity outside my home, or even just talk to someone. I know it’s easier said than done but other people really do lift you up. It’s easy to think that you’re not good enough for others but that’s simply not true. Unless you’re a serial killer lol. Just focus on one thing at a time, one day at a time. I also get scared when I look at everyone who’s more successful than me. But that doesn’t help anything. Everyone has their own path and their own pace. There are many people worse off than you as well as better off. Hope this helps, you’re not alone. Please remember that.

Hey friend,

I totally understand that feeling and this fear of failure, but if there’s one thing we know about human beings, it’s that we’re not are able to predict the future. It is indeed a feeling, as you wrote it, and a strong one that makes you think it’s the truth, but it’s not. :wink:

Maybe for the moment you’re in a difficult situation and you’ve got the impression that things will never change. Maybe you’ve experienced disappointments but what you could have lived before is not meant to be repeated again and again. You are not doomed to failure. Also, you’ve certainly experienced victories! But sometimes it’s more difficult to become aware of that. :wink: Learning to see your own value is an inner work that can take time, but you’ll get there and it’s worth it.

Whatever your actions or those of others, you have worth and value. And with time, you will learn to see yourself as you are, with your inner strengths and qualities. You are not alone. I believe in you. :heart: