AILD Fan #89

My anxiety feels so heavy on my chest I’m having bad thoughts again I don’t want to do it anymore

Anxiety can be such a trap…it’s a race against the clock to find the door to escape, but you’re in a room with no walls…it feels like you’re getting chased down but have nowhere to run…panic can set in as you look for a way out and feel you find none…I’ve only had one or two panic attacks in my life, but they’re terrifying, it literally feels like fear is swallowing you whole and you don’t know if you’ll ever escape.

I’m sorry you’re going through that friend…especially sounding like it’s a familiar feeling, like you have been so worn down by these thoughts that you can’t fathom continuing to try to persevere in the face of them. I’m really glad that you wrote on here so that your thoughts could hit paper…doing that in general is a relief…on top of having someone else hear them…that you could know that you’re not alone in this pain.

Hope that it can bring some relief for you.

-Nate

I know what it feels like when life gets totally beyond your control and no solutions are on the horizon. I don’t know what you’re facing, but I know the God who does and who loves you so much that He gave His Son Jesus to die for you. No matter what, He will welcome you into His loving arms no matter what condition you approach Him in. Cry out to Him and He will answer. In Jesus’ own words:

“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I WILL IN NO WISE CAST OUT”
John 6:40, 37