AILD Fan #97

I feel that my goals are unattainable because I am not trying hard enough

Progress is progress no matter how seemingly small. I relate to the same feelings you’re having. I feel like my life hasn’t been moving at a pace I’d like it to. Advice I can offer is to zero in on small successes that will ultimately amount to a bigger goal achieved. I’m with you in this.

Tgeres a YouTube video of a admiral giving a speech to a graduating class about accomplishments and making beds. I do I d it helpful. I wish I could remember that persons name. I know it was a few years ago. But it may seem like a mountain but each small step will get you closer to your goal.

Its like Lego bricks each brick has a purpose each brick builds on the other to build on another. Till you have a completed Lego structure and have achieved something plus you can be proud of your “building” hope that helps

Hi friend,

It’s sometimes easier to think that we are not doing enough, that we need to spend even more energy to achieve our goals, than to see the progress that has been made. Many of us may tend to see things that way and it’s often a matter of perspective. :wink:

Sometimes we get discouraged because we look at the goals to be achieved as something distant and immense. Take the time to break it down into smaller goals that will allow you to progress gradually.

Sometimes, we’re also so focused on the objectives to be achieved that we don’t see all the victories on the way, and the progress that we’ve already made. Enjoy your victories! The very fact that you put yourself in action is one of it.

If your goals are important to you, then there is no doubt that you already give yourself the means to reach them. You’re doing things well. Hold fast. :heart:

I know how you feel. I lost my dream job and have had to start over. Everyday is a challenge and some are worse than others but goals never end. Sometimes they change it evolve but they don’t end. One step forward is positive movement. Take it slow. Backwards plan and make it happen. I know you can do it.

1 Like