Alive really, no other words

My hip has been getting worse, I’m awaiting to start the separation process from the army. Am humiliated daily for it. They cut my pay for something stupid, hoping I can recover financially before I go, because right now I’m pulling 2-3 extra shifts a night and sleeping 2-4 hours broken up. I’m busting my ass to get by, just sucks that this is my life these days. The unit I was supposed to go to earlier this month deployed and already have a KIA count. I guess it’s good I got hurt kinda, or else I’d be sleeping in a black plastic bag instead of government issue bedsheets.

Hey there

You hit the nail on the head, you are still alive. That counts for something, even if things are looking bleak.

Stay strong, things don’t have to stay this way forever. I hope that you will get an opportunity to rest soon.

I’m so sorry that your hip is getting worse. And I’m sorry the army cut your pay. I was a military wife for 14 years and I’ve seen how rough the army can be. I’ve seen some good in it but I’ve seen how unfair they can be too.

Very sorry you’re having such a hard time. I hope that you are able to get the care you need so that you can heal an recover, and I hope that some kind of something comes up so that you can get by with a little less strain and struggle.

Much love to you my friend. You are cared for and valued.

I know it’s hard right now, but keep fighting. Are there any resources at all that you can use to better help you? Can you apply for government aid? Can the army offer you any helpful resources as you transition out?

I hope that something works out for you. Sending you so much love.

1 Like