Alone and helpless

I self-harmed again for the first time in 3 years. I feel like I’m in this dark corner and I’m never going to be able to get out. I’m constantly telling myself I can’t, and I’ll never be able to stop. This one person who tells me that I can and I have always been able to. I don’t believe him. It’s been really hard to deal with everything right now. The first person I told kind of found out because I answered the question not wanting to say whether or not I self-harmed. When that person found out he wanted to help me and he had asked me what I used to self harm,he told me not to be scared to tell him what I used. I was so scared to tell him. I didn’t end up telling him. I felt really bad that night. I want to stop but it just doesn’t feel like I can. I’ve been so stressed out lately that I just end up self-harming. My stress and self-harm has gotten worse. I don’t know what to do anymore.

1 Like

Hey there Angie!
Thanks for reaching out and sharing. That can be so hard to do sometimes, but I’m glad you did. :slight_smile: <3
I just want you to know that you are stronger than you know. You have the power to make a decision to be stronger than the things that hold you down. You have a say in the way you feel. Use your words to speak life. I’ve found that speaking words of life and affirmation over yourself helps so much. Because words have a lot of power. And even if you still can’t find the strength, i believe in God who gives us the strength and a helping hand to get us through our darkest of times. He never lets one down :slight_smile: I believe in you friend, you’re strong girl!
Learn to deal with your stress in healthy ways instead that could consist of:
-going to the gym or just maybe going for a walk or run
-listen to positive/motivational/inspirational music(maybe when walking or running lol)
-reach out to professional help
-pray (if that’s something you do or want to)
i hope this helps friend
theres a book heart support has a resource that i think you should look into heres the link :slight_smile:
https://heartsupport.com/self-harm/
and a vid i hope helps

2 Likes

Hi Angie,

Thank you so much for opening up here. I just want to let you know that you don’t have to be afraid or feel ashamed that you self-harmed. Sometimes taking a step back is necessary for taking several steps forward. Always be honest with yourself. You are not alone. Your honesty here can be your first step forward into walking yourself away from your demons and healing. I’m so proud that you reached out here on Heart Support for help/ advice. That alone is strength in itself. Keep on moving forward. It gets better as it goes. You can always reach out here.

With Love,
@SweetHistory

1 Like