Am i a bi?

Im 18 and i always thought i was straight. Actually im not sure if im straight or bi rn, i always supported and had a lots of lgbtq+ friends.
Anyway, its been a weak since i started to feel something for a girl, and its the first time in 18 years that i liked a girl. I know that shes a lesnian or bi for sure…
Its not like i blame myself or try to change the feelings i have. Im just trying to understand myself, so thats not a problem.
The problem is that my best friend said smth she was not supposed to say loll…
So my friends were talking about woman having shower all together naked, when they’re in camps or smth like that. And i just said ew (actually its normal, im not against it, its just not comfortable for me, thats what i meant) and my best friend said ( yelled in fact)

• im glad youre saying eww even tho i know youre not a lesbian for sure !!

And yeah, that girl was in the same room with us…

So, conclusion : dont scream about your friends personal life, preferences or anything in a room full of people. Thank u :face_in_clouds:

4 Likes

Hello @WitchyBitch

Welcome to Heart Support :smiley:

I’m really sorry that your friend said what she did. That wasn’t cool at all. Sometimes people say ignorant or inappropriate things without thinking. It was also bad timing because the girl you’re having feelings for was there. Kinda of complicates things doesn’t it?

You’re at an age where a lot of people are just figuring out their sexuality. It can be pretty confusing to feel things you’re not used to. There are a lot of questions. I’m not really sure I’d put a label on this right now because you won’t really know how you feel until you test things out. When you do, learn from the experience and this will help you figure out what you like and you don’t like.

Maybe if you feel confident enough (I know it’s scary), you could talk to her and tell her how you feel.

Thank you for posting!

2 Likes

I don’t believe anyone is 100% one way or the other. Your judgment of friend lacks maturity, and her credibility should be considered equal to that of a child that doesn’t know any better.

It takes courage to fearlessly look within, and be willing to accept what you discover. By doing that, regardless of the opinions you hear around you, you will be able to be at peace with yourself.

Your conclusion is correct. It’s not a good idea to reveal such intimate thoughts in a room full of people, especially if they are acquaintances rather than super close friends.

It will take a lot of courage for you to share your feelings with the girl you are attracted to. It might be a good idea to wait a while before doing so. With a bit more time, it might be easier to determine how she will react to such self-disclosure. Guys have flirted with and approached me, and I felt flattered. I let them know that it feels good to be considered approachable and deserving of interest. Then I respectfully tell them I’m not interested. If this girl is decent, she will either respond in a similar fashion, or maybe become interested in you.

It takes time and practice to become comfortable discussing sexuality. Your childish friend may be masking her discomfort, and maybe her own insecurity about her orientation.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.