Am I overreacting, dramatic, or sensitive?

Here we are again.
I genuinely wish that I could say that we are here for some other reason this time, maybe your dog died or it rained on your parade, but not this time, per usual. We are here time and time again because you are too afraid to deal with the things that linger deep inside of you. I feel like anytime anyone comes into my life I become hyper-attached and it has it’s pros/cons.
PROS : youre not alone with your own thoughts
CONS : youre not alone with your own thoughts
Honestly, I havent really gotten to know myself on an intimate level yet. And while that frightens me that I really don’t know myself, I’m also totally okay with taking the time to make sure I’m doing it right. Why not romanticize myself and really take the time to learn who I am. Take myself on dates and treat myself to nice things. Why do I do those things for others but refuse to do those things for myself? Is it because I think I’m not worthy enough? It is not okay for me to hold others around me at a different value if not a greater value than myself. Sometimes when I’m reflecting on myself I get a sense of embarrassment, like I can’t believe I treat myself this way sometimes.

4 Likes

Welcome to heart support! This is beautiful and such a wonderful conclusion! It takes some people a very long time to realise these things. To realise that the love they want to give so badly needs to be accepted, and the most important person to accept love from is themselves.
I hope you really begun to find more about yourself that you love and feel connected to.
Thank you so much for sharing this post with us and sharing your thoughts and feelings.

3 Likes

Hi dragunmama423,

Welcome to this community!

Sounds like you’re starting on a real journey of self-discovery! That’s so positive and I hope it’s the start of a new-found self-awareness of yourself. Look forward to reading more of your journey in the future. x

3 Likes

Hey Friend, Thank you for posting this, I really like what you have written, you really have a way with words. I love the pros and cons. I also love the fact that you are prepared to take the time to really get to know yourself , so many don’t and jsut become what we are expected to be rather that who we are. I would be really interested to know how you get on in the future. Good luck. Lisa. x

3 Likes

Hello there,

I wanted to say a huge welcome to the HeartSupport community. I am glad that you have found a landing spot here. This is one lesson that I am continuing to learn as I get older. Maybe it would be helpful to have some time to get away and get to know yourself on a deeper level. Be kind to yourself. Give yourself some grace.

You are enough. You are valid. You are strong. You matter.

-StarFox :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.