Am I Overworked?

Man, I’m really not sure if I should be on here or if I have a problem or if I’m just whining. I feel like I haven’t relaxed in months, I hardly even sleep anymore. I have at least 3 large homework assignments every week day (at least 5 days a week), I’m trying to keep up with commissions and requests (I do at least one everyday, and I’m scared to stop doing so), I take care of my grandparents on Thursday-Sunday, my cat just had surgery so I’m taking more care of him than ever, and when I do get to sleep I always wake up at 3am. I know a lot of people have it worse than I do, and I’m fortunate in a lot of ways, but I feel like I’m going crazy. I hit myself to stay awake and focused, and I cry almost every night. I just want to have fun again, but if I take a break things might start to crumble. Also, this is my first post here, I apologize if I’m not doing this right.

5 Likes

I know what that’s like and I’m really stuck too…
it’s just getting worse. You really definitely actually do need genuine help but I don’t really know what to do because I am stuck in a similar situation. Even the part about a lot of people having it worse than you do…
I do somethings to try to get out and have fun but I am still stuck…

2 Likes

I would suggest TRE for helping calm your nervous system

2 Likes

TRE is trauma/tension release exercises

2 Likes

i understanding just feeling like you’re complaining. I really really struggle with that. it was hard for me to jump from feeling like I was complaining to feeling like it was valid. so, I created a step in the middle. sometimes I just feel like I’m complaining or whining, but my step in the middle is that I tell myself its ok. maybe I’m just complaining over silly things, but it is 100% ok to complain about silly things if they are stressing you out. it’s 100% valid!

2 Likes

That does sound like a lot to have going on, and it definitely seems difficult to know how to reduce your load. It sounds like currently, your load is unhealthy. There is no shame in admitting you can’t do it all while maintaining your health. It will be okay to reduce the number of commissions you take, to drop a class, or to ask an available family member to help with things at home.

2 Likes

You have to take care of yourself before you take of everything and everyone first. That’s easier said than done I understand, but you need to take some things off of your place to reduce stress and focus on your health. It doesn’t mean you are a failure. You are only one person and can’t be expected to handle the world.

2 Likes

I often catch myself trying to juggle too much. and while I’m juggling it can become hard to prioritize. I try to visualize this juggling with glass balls and plastic balls. sometimes I need to drop the ball on something to continue to function for a time and that’s when I have to decide which balls are plastic and which are glass. the plastic balls aren’t going anywhere, you can pick them back up when you’re ready.

2 Likes

Hey @Fish we discussed your topic on the Heart Support Twitch stream! Here’s the live video response:

Hold Fast

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.