Am I whole enough for a relationship?

Recently I was scrolling threw Twitter and I saw a tweet that basically said this girl got her boyfriend in a time in her life where she wasn’t depressed or going through something. Which I totally understand not using a significant other as a cure all to all your issues. But as someone who suffers from bipolar 1 and several chronic health issues, it makes me wonder am I ever going to be in a stage where I’m “good enough” for a relationship. Things are going pretty well but my health could take a turn at anytime I’m still processing grief from losing two family members earlier this year and trying to heal from trauma and sometimes it just never feels like I’m going to be a “whole” person.

2 Likes

You Will I promise I felt like you for awhile, heck sometimes I still do but you got to pick yourself up and say hey I’m worth it! We all have our flaws we all have our insecurities that’s what makes us Human. But know that in time you will find someone who embraces you for your negative and positive attributes.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know anyone who feels they are whole . I don’t think “whole” exists. I think that everyone has adversity it just looks different person to person . I think everyone is just doing their best and trying to find their purpose. Grief is absolutely the hardest most painful thing that never fully goes away. Just know that your love for them can never be taken away and that is the beautiful thing ever. I’m so sorry to hear you are going through this . Please give yourself grace . I agree the right person will love you even in the hardest times. You you haven’t heard “This loneliness won’t be the death of me “ By Being as an Ocean . Give it a listen if you want to chat about anything I’m here . All my love T :hugs: