Angry, stressed, anxious

With everything going on with coronavirus, I’ve noticed my mental health severely declining. I got better for a while, but recently found out someone at my work tested positive, and we’re all still required to come into work. They’re brushing it off as if it’s not a big deal. I’m so angry about it that I’m taking out my stress and anger on everyone else around me, and I feel like I have no one to talk to about it because my family is not taking this situation seriously, and my friends are only upset that they can’t go out and do things. Yet I am here terrified for the health of myself, my family, and my friends. And now knowing that I am probably going to get it because I still have to come into work everyday just makes everything worse for me. I’m not sure what to do or how to handle this.

2 Likes

Hey there,
I totally understand what you’re going through and I feel it is highly unreasonable for you to come into work with a situation like this. I could suggesting calling in sick for a couple of days, however if you really do need to go in be sure to keep your distance, wash your hands often, wear a face mask, and use those wet wipes often both for the tables, chairs, things you need to touch and for wiping yourself down as well.
Hope everything works out well.

1 Like

Hey friend,

It makes since to be scared, worried and anxious about the things going on. Especially when it comes to your work place.

If you truly feel that your health is at risk, you can stay home. I know it’s not as easy as just walking out when you have bills to pay and need to work, but, if it comes down to it, stay home if you need to. Your health first.

My partner had to tell his job he couldn’t take the chance and risk it as I have compromised health. So, even though it limits his income to nothing right now, it was a tough decision we had to make.

Times are hard, but we are going to get through this.

Hello @amanda813,

It is difficult taking Covid-19 seriously when everyone else around you doesn’t seem to care. I was in your situation not that long ago as well. My family, and friends all do not care about what was going with this pandemic. To them, it is just another sickness. Whereas, I would constantly freak out and take extreme measures to ensure I was doing my part. But that is exactly the key, if you are doing your part by washing your hands, not touching your face, keeping your surroundings clean, and social distancing, then that is all that you can do. You have done your part and should find some comfort that you are protecting yourself and those around you. Understandable the anger stemming from the job place. My workplace also had one case, but we still have to show up as well. We are advised to take our social distancing and cleanliness seriously. But, on the bright side, you are allowed to take time off. Make this a step of taking some time off. This way you know that you are taking your own mental and physical health seriously. The opinions of your family and friends should not impact your decision.

2 Likes