Another update again

Another update in everything, i go home in pretty much an week now, Things we’re going well. Until i got back into an very shitty addiction again which made myself go downhill again. I’m back to harming myself in anyway possible including pills and liqour but i’ve been staying away from the liquor bc of work, i just completely started self harming again, which my one friend only knows about the self harm bc they don’t know my location to call anyone, so i’m now back to trying to get myself out of this habit in 1 week now

5 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to share this update, @Horselover200246. It takes a lot of strength to share about a relapse as well. I’m proud of you for not letting this be a motivation to isolate or to give up, because it would never have to be that way.

If I may ask: are you still in the psych ward? If yes, I’d like to strongly encourage you to talk about your relapse and current struggles with your support team and/or medical staff there. They are present to help you, and could make sure that you are given the right tools/resources after your time at the ward. They may also invite you to reconsider the duration of the time that you have left there and extend it if that is technically possible and appropriate. It’s okay to use the resources that are immediately available right now. You’re not failing, and the perspective itself of going back home may be a major stressors to you, which could be potentially something to work on with the staff there as well.

All in all, you are not alone and you don’t have to fight alone. I believe in you. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

I’m still trying to get into the psych ward but my parents won’t allow me to go into there if my life depended on it, my support team ive had for the past year now only the one knows about my addictions being horrible again, but yeah i’m still working on getting into the psych ward

1 Like

Hello again, horselover :hrtlegolove: Thank you for sharing this with us. I know how difficult it can be to talk about such things and I appreciate you sharing with us about your relapse.

I’m so sorry that this summer away from home did not help you as much as everyone hoped and that it is coming to an end in such a way. I hope that you are able to recover yourself some in this week but if you do not manage it I hope you are not too harsh on yourself if you do not manage it. It takes time and it takes support. I’m glad you have supportive people on your side and I hope that they continue being there for you and helping you.

You know we are always here. You are a strong person and I wish you all the luck in climbing that hill again and having a better year. Please keep updating us :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Hi Horselover200246,

Thanks for sharing how you’ve been recently, it can be very hard to do so. While you did say that things are still going downhill you’re still trying to get better and that’s always good :slightly_smiling_face:
I hope that you get into the psych ward soon so that you will be able to get the necessary help :heart: You can only fail if you consider it to be a fail, and if you keep in mind that there are people here to help you and no hope is lost, I am sure that things will be better for you. Asking for help is a strength and not a weakness, because it’s a weakness to keep all of your emotionsinside of you without opening up with anyone. I’m very happy that you are constantly trying to get in touch with the people who are there to support you and that those people are there.
You can get through this and you have all our support. Hold fast :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

I’m still trying to get into the psych ward but my parents won’t allow me to go into there if my life depended on it

I’m so sorry that your parents are interfering with a decision that would be healthy and safe for you. May I ask if your support team is of any help in this situation? Do they communicate with your parents as well? I would assume so as you are a minor, and was thinking that maybe they could advocate for you/your needs to your parents?

Thinking of you today. You’re loved. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

They are help there trying there best but it’s hard when i am a minor so i need parents consent for the “Do they communicate with your parents as well?” My parents don’t like my support team very well so they don’t really talk at all

1 Like

how have things been going for you lately? I’m sorry that it’s been hard trying to figure out the communication between your parents and support team, but I also do hope that the team has been beneficial for you. You deserve that support and help. It’s never easy to reach out for help or sometimes to even admit when things are wrong, but you did that and you should be proud of yourself for doing so. I know I’m proud of you. Hope to hear more soon.

3 Likes

Hello there,

I hope that things have been improving & you have been getting the help that you have been needing. Remember to give yourself grace when you need it, be kind to yourself & create moments of joy as well as peace. Walk in the sunshine. Drink some cold water. Feel the cool breeze on your face. You can do it!

You are strong. You are valid. You are important. You matter.

-StarFox :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Hi Friend, Wanted to check in on you to see how you are doing, its been a 9 days since you respinded to this post, how have you been with your SH? I hope you ahve managed to stop now. Also have you been able to get your support team to talk to your family at all? It break s my heart to think of you damaging yourself like this, you are worth so much more than these dreadful things. You are a wonderful person who should be living a much happier and healther life. Please reach out again and try to get these people to talk to oneanother. I understand this should not be your responsability but you may just be the only person who can do it. I send you my love and best wishes and I truly hope you are doing ok. Lisalovesfeathers. x

3 Likes

hey friend,

checking in on you since your last reply a few days ago. it makes me sad to hear that your parents don’t respect all that your support team is doing for you. with what you’ve shared in the above post, i feel like the synergy between your parents and support team is crucial. your addictions and basically self-destruction needs to be known by them so you can preserve your incredible and valuable life, my friend. help is out there and the solutions you need are within reach, please don’t lose hope on that. your support team and parents need to recognize the pain you’re going through and the extents you go to with your addictions.

you mentioned trying to get yourself through self harming “in 1 week now.” since it’s been 9 days since you wrote that, is there anything your heartsupport community can do to support and encourage you through this? it’s no easy task to face an addiction head on but i believe in you and your ability to do incredible things. you know you have infinite value, are so loved and appreciated, and will get through this. so let’s get through this together, okay? hope to hear from you soon, my friend.

love,
twix

2 Likes

I’m still s/lfharming on and off i havent been able to really stop it and my support team hasn’t talked with my parents yet

Things haven’t been to great since i got home but i’m living for rn

How often are you in contact with your team?
What is the delay in support team talking to your parents?

Do they have an action plan for if your parents’ don’t give consent?

1 Like

I try to talk to them everyday but it doesn’t always work out for me, We’re still trying to figure out an plan for if my parents don’t give consent but rn we are seeing if i can get better on my own

1 Like

have you tried a letter?
I’m sorry that it’s been so difficult, i know it’s been going on for a bit. Hope you and the team can get through to them soon!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.