Another Update (and this is a big one)

So my mom called me Christmas Eve really wanting to talk to me and try to resolve the issues her and I have been having. So I have finally decided to go over and talk to her. She sat down and let me express my feelings and how much I was hurting after what happened back in July. She pretty much apologized for her actions and how she made me feel, and she also admitted that she was in the wrong for what she did. (That was a very huge step for her.) She also explained to me that she isn’t perfect nor am I and she expressed how she was feeling. That she took me being so distant (bfor the phone call in July) personally and I explained to her how I wasn’t intentionally being distant and how I never had a ride when it came to going over.

That being said I think it’s safe to say that we r on the same page now. I am hanging out at her house for new years. Hopefully we stay cool and our relationship never gets torn again.

8 Likes

So happy to hear this! Relationships can be fragile things and it takes courage to open up and trust people again, so I’m really proud that you were able to do that with her!

That’s wonderful @Andy I’m so happy for you. I think as long as communication is open between both of you, you’ll be ok.

1 Like

So very proud of you @Andy. Goodness, look at you! How brave you are. By opening this honest conversation, you have indicated your mom the way to be vulnerable and for both of you to share what’s on your heart, respectfully. This is very very powerful. I hope that, with time, you will have the possibility to heal the wounds of the past together, to communicate more, to be authentic with each other, and build a new relationship.

This is indeed a big update, and what a wonderful one. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Dude I’m so glad to hear that! It feels nice when you get to see your loved ones trying to understand you. That must be a relief to know that you both are on the same page. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like