Anxiety and need help

I started a second job a week ago and I had to give them my two weeks already because my first job is making me work a bunch of over time and I don’t have time to work the second job and I understand why the are upset but I’m anxious to work my last two weeks there. I have social anxiety and this is really making me not want to go but I know it’ll make it worse.

4 Likes

Well, first off, which job do you like better? And which pays more? You can always choose to work the second job only and ditch the first one if you like it more, don’t let something suck you into a hole, you’re in charge of your own life ^~^
Also social anxiety sucks ass, what I do is wear earbuds and call my friends or focus on my work alot and try not to bother ppl. It’s okay to not talk, stuff happens but you can always give it a shot, it’s not like anything is stopping you. Just remember as long as you do your job that’s all that matters :3

2 Likes

My first job I like more and pays a lot more, my main issue right now is if I want to show up for my two weeks at my second job or not because they are already annoyed and mad at me

3 Likes

Does it really matter if you will never see them again? There’s always plenty other jobs you can find, and people are always going to be assholes at work. Got plenty of ppl at my job who are annoyed with me, but uk what, fuck em. The won’t respect me that isn’t my problem. Not like I have to see them every day. I understand how much it hurts to be hated by people, but if they can’t be mature enough to understand that some people need to be treated in a more calm and kind manner then when they get fired for being a dick that’s on them for not understanding what they did wrong.

2 Likes

I mean I probably won’t see them much often after this but it is the pizza shop right by my house. Idk

3 Likes

I get that, sometimes I think I should switch jobs but then I’m like “well where else am I gonna work, and if I work somewhere else it’s just gonna be by my house again and I could run into them” best thing to realize is that it’s just a part of anxiety and it doesn’t actually matter. You’ll be okay ^~^

2 Likes

Thanks and ya I have a full time job in the city then the part time job I had to leave due to my full time job by my house

3 Likes

Did the people there - coworkers, boss - expressed that to you, that they are annoyed/mad? If yes, how?

Also, congrats for making such an important yet scary decision despite your anxiety. Being an anxious bean myself, that’s the kind of situation where I’d have certainly not dared to say no or stop because I’d have been afraid of frustrating someone - while it would be my life. That’s really an important move you’ve done right there, and something to be proud of, because that takes a lot of strength when struggling with social anxiety. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

The supervisor expressed he was very upset with me through text and I’ve been good at putting my health first for the most part it’s just anxiety. It was a hard decision trust me I had to ask like three people what I should do before I made a decision. I didn’t end up showing up today because I was to anxious and had a mental break down when I got home from my first job.

2 Likes

I didn’t end up showing up today because I was to anxious and had a mental break down when I got home from my first job.

That’s a strong decision right there. I hope you’re okay with it and manage to take care of yourself. These breakdowns are red flags to consider, and you’re doing the right thing.

Sending thoughts and peace your way. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Thanks I try my hardest to take care of myself

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.