Anxiety and stress

Hey guys,

I have been having a really hard time with anxiety lately and it has gotten really bad lately. It is usually pretty mild, but the past three weeks it has really spiked and it is super uncomfortable to say the least. It feels like I can’t breathe sometimes and that hasn’t happened before. My doc added a new anti anxiety medication to my current regimen, but that brings my med count to 6. I am so young and shouldn’t need 6 medications to function!! It honestly stresses me out so much and my anxiety is only increasing with the end of the semester. I have fallen behind and I can’t focus anymore. I don’t know what else to do. Between therapy, meds, meditation, and general self care, I don’t know what else to do

4 Likes

Welcome to the community!

I’m sorry you’re having such a rough time with anxiety. I think that without the therapy, meds, meditation and general self-care, things might be far worse for you.

I think the end of the semester has a lot to do with how you’re feeling. I also think that you are experiencing a negative feedback loop, in which your anxiety itself is causing you more anxiety.

It would be good if you could spend time around people who can calm you down. Also, 30 minutes a day of aerobic exercise can help bring your body chemistry into balance, and help you sleep better. It also may help you “burn off” a significant amount of your anxiety.

Sometimes it helps a person get through the day, by setting short-term goals. For example, “for the next 30 minutes, I’ll read this chapter. I know I can do that much.” In other words, you can be intimidated by the thought of building a cathedral, or you can find the task of laying one brick on top of another, far more manageable.

1 Like

The HeartSupport Houston team responded to your post here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W0DgnkeEpspRoYDcucrkLsIQ6puNhmJX/view?usp=sharing, hold fast friend!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.