Anxiety Depression difficulties

Yes we like to view things in that way also, and want him to be free to be completely who he is and guide him to have the best life, we love who he is and wouldn’t change a thing. My husband is currently studying Autism so we have gained so much knowledge and can see it from many angles now, that has helped a lot and hearing peoples stories who are adults now about there life has helped. Just hard to see the meltdown seeing him that upset and frustrated many times a day. We are just taking it day by day and helping him as much as we can

1 Like

It sounds like you are a very caring and considerate parent. It’s good to hear stories like that here.

1 Like

I’m not sure why we clash with high stress, it could have something to do with my anxiety depression, I feel I try to be helpful but he takes me the wrong way or maybe I take him the wrong way

I know heated and stressful moments can make it hard to communicate effectively. When my husband or myself are in a situation where we are heated, we will wait to discuss the issue until we have both taken the proper time to calm down. I know it is hard with anxiety but maybe try to not take to heart things that are said in the heat of the moment. Not that there is an excuse or that it is ok, but if you both know that this is something you do (just conjecture here, of course, not assuming anything), it might be better to just have a meaningful discussion about how you both feel at a later time when you both have a clear head and won’t say/do anything you don’t mean.

1 Like

Thank you for your advice, we try to talk at a later stage but if we are really frustrated we send a text message to each other so our son doesn’t hear. I tend to want to deal with things straight away otherwise I hold onto it for the rest of the day and it effects me. We had some things happen a few years ago with our relationship so I think that’s where it stems from

I see.

Perhaps when you are ready you can address those past events and it may help with the clashing.

That’s awesome to hear that you will text so that your son doesn’t witness the volatility of an argument, I know I probably would’ve benefited from this sort of thing as a kid (though smart phones weren’t yet a thing and I don’t think my parents would’ve had a way to text lol, they probably could’ve written a letter or something though).

Have you given any further thought to seeing a doctor?

1 Like

Yes just trying to find time to go, I have both my children at home as I work from home so pretty busy and would like my husband to go with me to the doctors, I’m very nervous about it.

1 Like

That’s great, I’m glad you are still moving forward with your plan.

I like my husband to be with me at doctor’s appointments too, I don’t blame you.

I also work from home. I drop in here and there to glance over things so I can usually be around to offer some support.

1 Like

That’s great you are here and helping people, it’s very kind and I truly appreciate your help. It’s nice to be able to talk to someone. I don’t really open up to people besides my husband

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate that. Any time, friend.

1 Like

Hi @Sarahjean1,

The HeartSupport Houston team responded to your post here. We hope our presence and support help you. Hold Fast friend, and lean on our community.

1 Like

@HS_John Hi, Thank you all so much for responding and taking the time to talk and help me. I have never really received that level of encouragement and care before and to come from people that haven’t even meet me is truly amazing. Thank you for your kindness towards me and encouraging words. I will definitely take on board what I have heard today.

2 Likes

Hey @Sarahjean1,

Absolutely. We meant every word, hope it helps, and are here to support you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.