Anxiety, Depression, Paranoia

So I’m new to this and no one really knows how to console how I feel because right now I just have a lot going on like for instance bad mood swings.
I’ve had no sleep
At least 3 nightmares a night
Had Anxiety really bad today and felt the urge to vomit for 2 hours and it’s like music used to help me with my feelings and now I’m just not there emotionally I just don’t know what to do I don’t know If I’m maybe Bipolar or have depression but I have VERY bad night time Paranoia also
Can anyone help me please?

Thank you for posting here on HeartSupport. We all care deeply about you. I know exactly how it feels to deal with anxiety and depression. I know just how paralyzing that it can be. I’m gonna shoot you straight, I don’t know how to help you but I am here for you. Sometimes all it takes is to know that someone else deals with the same shit that you do. I’ve persevered through my mental battles for almost 2 years and I’m still here. I know that it feels like things will never get better but I promise you that they will. The key is being patient and seeking help from professionals that know what they’re talking about when it comes to your struggles. Much love and stay strong. You got this.

3 Likes

Thank you so much it means a lot❤️

2 Likes

It sounds like times are getting pretty rough and we are here for you. I can honestly say I agree. I would seek out a professional at that point. I finally faced my fears and found a professional I am really getting results from and the effects aren’t only creating positive effects in my life, but in others around me. About two weeks ago. I was battling hardcore with my severe depression and anxiety. The best thing I did for myself was found a really good therapist who uses positive recognition and gives me homework to rebuild myself and empower myself after each session. I am learning new coping skills to help me when things get bad for me. I let mine get so bad it affected my relationships, work, etc. I even had to take 5 days off of work due to it. During those 5 days, I focused on my therapy and growth. It’s not 100 percent better yet since it’s been only a few weeks, but it’s getting better daily. A professional will really help you find the cause and be able to cope with it and eventually put it behind you. You may not like the first few you try out, or you may get lucky and find the right one the first time (as far as professionals go). But when you do, things will start to mellow out and be easier to counter when you start revealing and learning. Until then. I would research some specific coping skills and grounding techniques (that’s what they call them). For example, my favorite right now, are box breathing, and when listening to music doesn’t help, I sing or scream (whatever the music preference is) and that helps me calm down. Those are the most convenient. My other one when I have the time is to run at least .5 miles. Just remember. This is just a rough time for you and you will get through it. You made it this far. So I would keep fighting and zone in on a good professional so you can get these things behind you. In my opinion, and from experience, sleep is one of the major things that helps counter anxiety and depression. One of my requirements is to get at least 6.5 hrs of sleep. Which is above my norm. Maybe try watching a positive movie about overcoming or a comedy before bed to ease your mind if you can get to sleep after that, it may help out with you nightmares. I’m proud of you for reaching out! Storms don’t live forever. So you will see sunshine soon enough! Keep staying strong! Hope this helps ya!

2 Likes

Thank you! This helped a lot I will look up coping techniques! Also hope stuff keeps progressing positively for you❤️!

1 Like

Welcome to the community. I’m soery that you’re struggling with nightmares to this extent. I think that maybe talking to your doctor would be an idea. I know that sounds terrifying but when I finally opened up to my doctor about my depression after YEARS of hiding it, she was really understanding. They’re not there to judge. They want to help. I also think looking into Dwarf Planet, a resource/work book HeartSupport releases this year could be of help to you. It will help you explore and understand your depression a little better. Well done for reaching out. Keep fighting.

Hold Fast
Kayla.

2 Likes

The nightmare thing. I get you, I’m right there with
you. Nightmares can be some of the scariest things you’ve ever seen. People like to think nightmares are like a horror film with demons, monsters and blood. That’s not all nightmares are or can be. I won’t go into complete detail but you aren’t alone with your nightmares. Our nightmares and dreams are part of our subconscious conscious as I like to say. We still think about these things during the day but they win at night. Just know you are not alone with this feeling. You say bi polar and anxiety. It could be possible but there is an underlying thing that is causing your nightmares. I’ve been an insomniac since I was 12 and I am now 31. Still dealing. But my nightmares and dreams when i do sleep now aren’t as bad as they use to be. Changing your outlook on life helps. That’s hard to do as well. But I’m here for you and I’m willing to help you. All these other people are here for you and willing to help too. So maybe working together you and us can all help eachother.

Message me if you need to talk. I stay up late. Xo

2 Likes

Thank you so much!:heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much❤️!

1 Like

I deal with stress alot so i know how it feels. Music is a good source of relief. Pair it a gentle walk to clear tour anxiety. Its also procen to stop anxiety. Yoga is good too. It helps medestress snd unwind.

1 Like

Hey @stress,

I’m so sorry to hear that you aren’t doing too great. Echoing what the others have mentioned, if you aren’t seeing a doctor about your symptoms, I would highly recommend it. A psychiatrist can help pinpoint (and perhaps diagnose) where your feelings are coming from, and prescribe you medication to help take the edge off of your negative feelings, if necessary. Seeing a licensed psychologist/counselor goes hand-in-hand with this, because they will provide you with the tools in order to beat your demons. When your anxiety dies down, your nightmares will follow suit, because nightmares are typically linked to internal subconscious anxiety. Thank you for reaching out! Please keep us updated. :slight_smile:

-Eric

1 Like

You’re stronger than you think, and we are all here for you. We love you. Seek help, don’t bottle it up inside.

2 Likes

I will try to see a doctor and keep everyone posted ! Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for this,this helps me a lot! Everyone is so encouraging!

1 Like