Anxiety side effects?

I hope im not the only one that gets this but does anyone else get stress and tension headaches with anxiety. Sometimes they last all day, sometimes it comes and goes during the day. I read that also pooping and butterflies are normal too. I read this stuff but feel like im the only ome feeling this but i know theres worse out there. Am i crazy.
Also any tips to ease them

2 Likes

I definitely get these symptoms. Anxiety almost by definition causes tension, which usually in my case causes a headache, specifically at the base of my skull. Anxiety also famously causes digestion issues as evidenced by my stomach ulcers. All of the things you’re feeling are common with anxiety.

Medicines specifically formulated for tension headaches are good at easing them, though if you want to get to the cause, you’ll need to tame the anxiety. Easier said than done, I know.

As for the butterflies and pooping, those things tend to be pretty exclusive to the major, chronic anxiety in my experience and not much to be done about that that I’ve found.

The best way to ease these would be to learn to cope better (also easier said than done, I know heh). Perhaps try taking slow, deep breaths, holding them for a few seconds and then exhale slowly. Usually after a good handful your heart rate will go down and you should feel calmer. If that doesn’t work, try going into a cool, dark room where you get get away from hyper stimulation if that is a problem for you - it is for me. Otherwise, there is a technique called grounding that takes your focus off of the anxiety and into the rational now, and to do this you will pick out things that surround you that you can see, hear, smell, touch, etc. I hope this helps.

2 Likes

:raising_hand_woman:

I definitely have similar symptoms. Headaches, not being able to concentrate, and a general sense of feeling “off”. I also carry stress in my neck, upper back, and shoulders. Whenever my anxiety flares up, these areas of my body are tense and painful. I actually see a chiropractor to help with it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.