Anxiety to the point of not eating

Hello I am new here just joined today so Hello. I have been suffering from anxiety for a while like as long as I can remember but I didn’t know what it was thought it was just nervousness but I believe it’s social anxiety. And it has gotten worse with age and I don’t think covid helped either. You see I get really sick, heart palpitations, upset stomach, feeling sick, tired, whenever I have to do a social activity like work, going to a event, or even sometimes hanging out with my parents, going to a movie even sometime makes me anxious. If I know I have something that I have to do I wont even eat sometimes because I don’t want my stomach to hurt. I have tried a few things to help like natural remedies but they don’t really help me and I really don’t know what to do? I want to do things like to festivals and concerts and do things with friends but my brain won’t let me and it makes me sad.

7 Likes

Hi @scullyjam

Welcome! Thank you for posting and trusting us with your story. I think the best thing for you to do is seek therapy. If you are underage, I would encourage you to talk to your parents and let them know what’s happening. They might be able to get you in to see someone.

Anxiety can be handled a lot of different ways, breathing being prob the #1 thing to remember mindfully to do. It could be bad enough to warrant taking medication that your doctor might prescribe as well. That’s why it’s important to get an official diagnosis, so your treatment is effective.

Take care :rose:

2 Likes

Hi there and welcome to heartsupport.

I definitely know how u feel when it comes to anxiety. I have been through similar situations when it came to moving to someplace new, like a new school, new town, new job etc. Just thinking about those things can be scary bc ur leaving ur comfort zone and suddenly ur surrounded by a bunch of people u don’t know. So I totally get it. One thing that helps me when I’m feeling anxious is listening to some calm music. Maybe that could help u too.

I also try to bring a friend with me to new places. Sometimes just having someone you know there with u can also help calm the nerves.

Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:
-Andy

1 Like

thank you both for your responses. I will look into getting a therapist soon and I will try the music thing, and yes breathing helps.

4 Likes

my heart breaks hearing how much anxiety has been tormenting you. I know that sometimes people can manage by themselves, but I’d love to see what else is out there to suit your needs. You mentioned talking to a therapist? Have you been able to schedule an appointment at all?
I was listening to a podcast just yesterday actually involving a comedian who suffers with extreme anxiety. I found it so insightful because he was such a huge advocate for therapy and the right medication. Maybe it’ll be insightful for you too? I know not everyone can push themselves past the feelings of anxiety, but I do believe that there is more for you beyond this.

2 Likes

Hi Friend, Welcome to Heartsupport, thank you for posting here, I know it’s not easy to write the first post, but I am glad you did. I can completely relate to what you have written, I too know those feelings of the upset stomach, heart palpitations etc that goes along with the anxiety when it comes to any social activity, for me it sometimes can be as simple as going over to my mum’s house and it starts during the night before with not being able to sleep. Its very hard to explain to people that just being out is a problem and yes, the pandemic made it worse, it sounds bad, but I loved the lock down, I didn’t want it to end. However, I totally understand that you don’t want to continue living like this and that you want to do the thing that your friends and family do, the brain can be your best friend or quite the enemy cant it? I don’t know if you have tried mindfulness? It took me some time to get to grips with it but its good ill put a link under this post for a video for you to check out, I tend to use it when I’m waiting to go out, I try to use it to calm myself down and lessen my anxiety, its not a cure but it helps. I honestly think with practice its one of the better ways to manage SA. I truly wish you luck and please feel free to post anytime, I would love to hear how you are getting on. Much Love Lisa xx

2 Likes

Thank you all so much for the response. Today was a good day the video you sent me really helped so far. I ate I went to work of course I took my herbal anxiety meds and I breathed, I listened to relaxing sounds. I did the things in the video and they seemed to help. I downloaded a app that plays relaxing music and lets you play a game and that seemed to help a bunch. So thank you I hope to continue to make progress with my anxiety I feel like it will always be their but I feel like I’m taking steps to get it under control finally.

3 Likes

@scullyjam I am so pleased that we could help but ultimately it is you that is doing the work so thats wonderful job. We are always here for you friend. keep up the good work. Beautiful people like yourself deserve a beautiful Life. Much Love Lisalovesfeathers. xx

1 Like

so happy to hear that the app and game have been working, and that you were able to eat a little as well!

That’s awesome! I hope you get some time today to do something nice for yourself, even if it’s a tiny moment like nice cup of tea or a cozy book in bed :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.