Anxious about Coronavirus

I just need to vent:

I’m really worried about not being able to get my safe foods due to everyone ‘panic buying’. I’m also worried that I won’t be able to go to my weekly doctors appointments, where I get my weight, blood pressure, heart rate and my temperature monitored. If I contract the virus I won’t be able to go to the doctors or anywhere, I would be forced to self isolate which would make my mental health even worse. What if I can’t get my vitamins? I need them to stay some-what healthy. I’m worried that my immune system isn’t good enough, I’ve had a cold twice this month, but I’ve recovered from them pretty good. How the hell can I cope with this?

2 Likes

Hey, that’s okay. I think a lot of us right now are feeling frustrated, worried, stressed and anxious about this whole situation. Shelves are being depleted, stores are chaotic and going out to get basic needs is way more difficult than it should be.

I’m sorry that all of this is having such an impact on you right now. I know your health is super important.

Some of the people around my sub-division have been offering to be a bit of a “go-getter” for people who can’t really make it to stores. They buy the supplies the neighbors need and people just pay them the cost of those items and a small fee to tip. Do you have anyone that can maybe do your shopping for you?

I have a weak immune system so while my partner’s work decided to call them back in after releasing them, he had to tell them no because he can’t risk bringing it home to me. I have no health insurance. So I completely understand the stress of all this.

Friend, I hope that you are able to figure out something that works for you so that you can have the things that you need. I’m really sorry that it’s causing you so much worry and anxiety.

):

2 Likes

Dear Hayley - you are not alone in this worry. Thank you for posting about this. It sounds like you are having very bad anxiety about this all. (Trust me, I get it. Right there with you.) Has anything helped you in the past deal with your anxiety? These are stressful times for sure, and we need to really ramp up on our mental self-care. Also - if you’re worried about a weekly doctor’s appointment, call their office and ask them what is their contingency plan during these times. Just knowing what their plan is for your weekly appointments might help?

Hang in there friend. I hear you. Feeling the struggle as well. :heart:

3 Likes

Hey @Hayley! Welcome back, friend! :tada: I totally understand about being anxious over the Coronavirus, to be honest I am too. That is a lot to worry about and I am sorry you have to deal with all of that. I know you are just looking to vent, so I won’t offer advice except for the fact that we are here for you. This community is here for you. Whenever you just want to vent and help relieve that weight on your shoulders by talking to someone, we are here. :orange_heart:

3 Likes

Hi @Hayley,

This whole situation is indeed stressful and raises many questions, but we’re all gonna make it through. :heart: I hear your concerns and it makes totally sense to wonder that kind of thing. Your health is important, whether it’s mental or physical.

I’m really worried about not being able to get my safe foods due to everyone ‘panic buying’.

What if I can’t get my vitamins? I need them to stay some-what healthy.

You’re gonna be okay. I don’t know where you live but in my country, for some meds they decided to restrict the amount that people can buy, so there’s no shortage. Also food producers are still active. Maybe it’s gonna be a bit harder to get the food you need when you go at the grocery store, but as for meds we’re not heading for a food shortage right now.

If I contract the virus I won’t be able to go to the doctors or anywhere, I would be forced to self isolate which would make my mental health even worse.

I’m not particularly concerned for myself, but can’t help thinking about all those people who are in quarantine and might be facing some deep loneliness. As you said, it can impact our mental health. You expressed fears that are absolutely valid and important. And it’s why being in touch with your beloved ones remains important, whether you are physically isolated or not. Also, you can already try to think about what you’d like to do if you are isolated at home at some point. Maybe you have some indoor hobbies? Maybe it’s time to watch your favorite TV shows? To read some books? Doing light exercise? Playing new games? Cleaning a bit your home? Seeking new videos/youtube channels?.. This could be an opportunity for you to relax, to slow down a little and reconnect to yourself. :wink:

I’d like to invite you to join the HS Discord: Discord Being part of a community such as HeartSupport can be important to go through this weird season and support each other. We’d be glad to see you there if it’s not already the case!

Sending love.

2 Likes