Anxious and Exhausted

I know my anxiety has been the worst it’s ever been and I haven’t taken my meds for it because I am already exhausted to the point where I want to isolate just so I can hibernate. I’m so anxious about getting this new place especially since I emailed the property manager two days ago and she hasn’t replied yet. I’m exhausted from going back and forth to work just to be cussed out over the phone. I really can’t talk about my job because it’s sensitive information. All I keep focusing on is getting this new place and pass my monitors so I can finally work from home. My anxiety has been obvious in my dual diagnosis group for mental illness and substance use illness because they point it out. I am supposed to be working on getting my license, but I’ve had to request for my dad to drive me home from work because I’m so damn shaky. Can constant anxiety cause exhaustion? I know this type over exhaustion on shows up for me in two aspects of my life. Depression and my cycle and man I am telling you it feels like I am depressed, anxious, on my cycle, and overworked. That’s how real this exhaustion is. It’s so real that I’ve been sitting in my bed since 9:30 (been 28 minutes now) and the only thing preventing me from passing out, as if I’ve instantly died, is the anxiety. Goodnight and hopefully I wake in the morning feeling refreshed or something, because I’m not sure I can push forward waking up exhausted like this again for the third day in the row.

2 Likes

@grandmastrqueen

I’m sorry you are going through this. What are the things you can do to calm you down and bring you peace and joy?

Hi Queen,

To answer the question you posed, yes, anxiety can absolutely make you feel exhausted. I’ve been suffering from anxiety for decades and, especially on days where I have panic attacks, I get totally drained of energy and usually will get a bad headache and I have to lay down and sleep so I can recharge. It seems like you need a method of decompression. I know it’s easy to say not to stress about the home situation because if you told me that if your shoes it probably wouldn’t help… But sometimes if I just tell myself that something is officially out of my control and no amount of worrying on my part will change that, sometimes that helps take the edge off of the anxiety. I know recently my anxiety has been spiking again so I’ve been sleeping more. I’m trying to learn some new songs on my guitar to keep my mind off all the stuff that is stressing me. It’s not foolproof, but it’s all I can think to do. Is there anything you can do to take your mind off of some of your stressors?

Thanks guys. I did get more information to bring my mind to rest, I also had a quick 15 minutes session with my therapist today that helped. I so been using my “Burn After Writing” journal to take my mind off of things. I think I am going to get back into my yoga as well. That was nice a relaxing and two times a week shouldn’t exhaust me any further than I already am. I’ve always known panic attacks cause exhaustion, but anxiety is throwing me for a loop since I am having it more often than usual.

2 Likes

Anxiety really sucks. It’s so draining, both emotionally and physically. I really hope that it will get better in the next days.

It’s awesome to see that you’re aware of how it makes you feel, also the things you’re doing or considering to work on that. It could be very tempting to curl up and do nothing. But you’re taking some really positive actions. You’re awesome. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like