Anxious Mess

My anxiety recently has been so freaking bad and today just proves it. I’m supposed to be in class right now but my anxiety got so bad my fight or flight kicked in and I just left. I apologized to the teacher and still feel like shit, but I can’t help this! I literally feel like I’m going to die, everything is spinning and shaking, and my head is so clogged up with all of these bullshit thoughts. I hate anxiety so god damn much… just leave me alone already.

4 Likes

Hi SageTheSpirit
I know anxiety can be hard. You are anxious about a thing that might go wrong, then you are mad about being anxious and then anxious about being anxious. It seems like a vicious cycle. I want you to know that there is help. There are practices and exercises for panic attacks and anxiety that help people deal with it. I am going to sent you a vid here that might help. Try to listen to it or use similar videos before classes. :slightly_smiling_face: 10-Minute Meditation For Anxiety - YouTube

3 Likes

Hi @SageTheSpirit

When this happens, what do you do? Are you using any coping skills?

I think the most important thing to do when you’re having an anxiety/panic attack is to remember to breathe. We forget to and that actually makes the experience worse.

Distraction is a big way to fight it as well. When I was high school, I remember writing the words to a led zeppelin song on my book cover and when the anxiety started, I would start focusing on the words to the song and by the time I was done reading the words my anxiety level was either zero or very manageable.

I didn’t even realize it back then because I had no idea what was happening to me, but I had created my own way to cope.

There are lots of other things you could do, you just have to find what works for you. :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

As I’m typing this, I’m having some lunch and watching some Twitch, so in a way I guess I’m distracting myself? This is my common distraction. Thank you for the tips. :heart:

3 Likes

Yes! Anything that helps you think about other things.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.