As I Lay Dying: Misery Evolving - The Story of Tim Lambesis & As I Lay Dying

Tim is fucking awesome ! He created something so amazing after seemingly destroying his life with his choices and I think everyone can learn something awesome from him I’m an addict in recovery and he just reminds me that I can rebuild my life into something new and beautiful no matter the choices we make in the past !

1 Like

Are these guys really Christians :thinking: or did they get back together for the money

1 Like

Caught me off guard, tried my best, then gave up went back to the old me and put the pedal to the floor. Ended up in and out of jail till I went to prison. Just have this hatred for everything idk. I try but people always let me down dope is always there for me. I just don’t feel like climbing the mountain of life again to get were I was, but it was the only time I was happy so leaves me with no plan I guess.

1 Like

I would have put honey in that tea…but thats just me

1 Like

Was this filmed on a beach because there’s an ocean between us?

1 Like

These guys are all surprisingly articulate. The whole story of this band from beginning to today is so human and humbling.

1 Like

“His position and things obviously became more self centric” 4:12 Hello? it still is at the end of the day, even this video it feels like it’s all about Tim Lambesis. It’s hard for me to accept that he has taken full responsibility or that he even truly comprehends his actions whether he claims it or not, because now hes going to use the fact that he tried to kill his wife and roid abuse as a story to capitalize on whether it be self notoriety or financially. As a recovering addict myself I understand that people make amends and give back and change by doing service but I just felt like this was a big PSA for why Tim is a changed person and we’re all happy and back together making money as a band again. Their music helped me out a lot as a teenager but I truly resent Tim and what he did to his wife and kids. But as a fan I have moved on and life goes on and realistically I’m nobody but The fans that are sticking with them and even his band mates I can’t wrap my head around how they just talk all this shit and then accept him back just to make money with the band. Where is their integrity? I don’t care what anybody says at the end of the day it’s about making money with this band.

1 Like

This is an honest and wise depiction of how drugs, criminal activity, and prison can be the result of bad decisions. This man is humble, feels a sense of responsibility from passing on his life lessons to others so they don’t repeat the same mistakes will almost guarantee the same results of hurting others and yourself. So why in the genre of hip hop are the aspects of criminal life, drugs, pimping women, and having “a rep” as a hardcore gangster so celebrated? Why do the radio DJ’s discuss that type of lifestyle as if it were a badge of honor???The artists that finished school, had jobs, and didn’t engage in that type of behavior are considered lame or somehow illegitimate. I think now that hip hop has adopted the dresses and LGBTQ community, maybe they should stop with all the romanticizing of dealing dope and having a “stable of ho’s”.

1 Like

this band helped me get through middle school and early years of high school. I will always thank my friend at the time zane for showing me As I Lay Dying!!

1 Like

jordan’s voice suits his mustache

What an unbelievable video. I don’t think I’ve ever seen another band produce something like this.

1 Like

Literally put out the single greatest album in music- shaped by fire- upon leaving prison. Much love TIM!

1 Like

truly astounding to me how willing people are to forget peoples past sins because they enjoy their art. you can forgive people sure, but that doesn’t mean you forget or trust them ever again. this dude tried to have his wife killed… flat out… anyone who even entertains that notion is reprobate.

if tim was an ugly looking weirdo with no talent or fans, yall would be coming with pitchforks to hang the guy. yall really need to take a step back and realize what the hell you are doing… people who are charismatic are usually expert manipulators, which tim clearly is, and he has duped all of you into thinking he is reformed.

good people dont try to have their wives murdered… im sorry… prison didnt magically make him become moral…

the fact you even entertain the murder of your own wife is all the proof in the world that you are a piece of human garbage. yall are so naive.

1 Like

Everyone screws up eventually. It is what we do after and how we change because of it what defines us.
This man screwed it up really hard. But there is redemption for those who are able to be humble, correct course and try to be a better human being. I feel respect to that.

Also, Shaped By Fire is a beast of an album. Keep it up.

1 Like

Quitting drinking is the best thing someone can do. Gave a lot of problems growing up.

1 Like

I needed to hear the challenge to heal with old friends, to attempt to reconcile, in-spite of pain experienced from the other person.

1 Like

:yellow_heart: thank you!..

1 Like

Coolest GE/Lipton commercial ever!