At least I can say that I went down swinging

The semester is done but sadly did not go as planned. I had a professor who was not understanding and when the whole class failed an exam accused us of not studying, same professor who said that I’m lazy and not trying and that no is no such thing as ADHD. This professor also did not understand why I take my exams outside the classroom and have extended time. (He even came to the testing center asking for the exam and they had to tell him that I was still taking it and was allowed to use the full time if I needed it.) Whenever I would ask him a question about a concept he would say why can’t you look in your notes. This class even caused me to have an acute anxiety attack. (I posted about it earlier but am doing better now.) Despite this, I at least can say that I did not give up and kept fighting back. I did well in my other courses except for this one but will still do what I can to reach my goals and let this a-hole of a professor define me or get the best of me. It sucks that I have to redo this course and deal with this setback but overall just want to do well and reach my goals. I will move on and keep fighting because if anything, it is better to go down swinging than to do nothing and anticipate.

If you do retake it make sure you get a different professor that teaches it. Hopefully, one that is more understanding.

Some people just don’t understand, and that is OK as nobody can understand everything. Some teachers will be jerks, others you’ll love, just get through it and you’ll be fine. It’s sad that this guy has power over you, but just keep swinging and you’ll do great. :slight_smile:

Martin / ThatOldDutchGuy

1 Like

I definitely plan on retaking it with someone else and I am hoping that it goes well and have better results. Overall just trying to not let this get to me.

2 Likes

As a fellow college student, I can understand the acute anxiety you’ve encountered with taking your classes but from an outsider looking in, I’m so proud of you! Passing some classes can be really miserable, specially when you don’t receive the help that you’ve reached out for. But in all retrospect, it’s fantastic that you stuck it out. That right there is an accomplishment in itself. Keep pressing forward! You’re doing great!

2 Likes

Thank you I appreciate it. I’m still pressing on and hoping to turn it into a positive. Thank you to everyone who replied.

1 Like