At what point do I just stop

Call me what you want. I’m torn between killing myself right now and ending therapy. I’m getting no help. I am a genuine fuckin moron that should die for thinking someone like a therapist could help me when they offer nothing. My life is nothing and I mean nothing to no one, no matter what anyone says.

Nobody should die for thinking therapy will help them. It takes strength and courage to begin therapy in the first place and to share how you feel, especially when you’re so down that you don’t even want to live anymore. That being said, it sounds like your therapist is not a good fit for you. It’s not uncommon to have to switch therapists once or twice before you find one that fits your needs. Perhaps you should consider switching therapists? It is in no way your fault that your therapist is not suitable for you. Keep you’re head up, you can do this. None of this is your fault.

1 Like

Hey brother,

Your life matters. I know it sounds cliche, but truly your life IS SOMETHING. If your therapist is not working out for you, I would highly recommend searching for a new one that can meet your needs and truly help you. Therapy is truly a wonderful thing and can help so much, but sometimes it takes finding the right therapist that works to understand you so that they can help you best, and I know there are plenty of people out there who have had to go through different therapists just to find the right one that helps them the most.

You are loved more than you know. You have a purpose and a reason for being on this earth. You are valuable. Please keep fighting. If you want to know about what helped me through when I was at my lowest, reach out to me or let me know on here. It changed how I viewed myself and the world around me. Stay strong. You have it in you to keep going. I know you do. Why? Because so many others who have been in your shoes, who thought they had no purpose and felt like they had no worth, including myself, have come to the other side of that. Will it be easy or an overnight change? No. It can be a long arduous process. But at the end of it you can look back and see how your life fits into a bigger story, that your life is not just your own, and there is a greater purpose for your pain.

1 Like