Back to heartsupport

Autism is not a disorder at aaaaaaaaaaaallll!

It’s not a disorder. It is just something that is there with some people that makes them them and not to think that normally.
No one seems to understand that it’s not an illness or a disorder, but it’s not.
So please, people, help spread it that it;s not and make people quite calling it that. whenever people call it a dis-order it hurts my feelings. Same with dyslexia though. That’s also not a mental illness or some sort of brain disease people get born with to where they have brain damage. It’s just a different type of wiring of nuerons. So quit calling Dyslexia a disorder and make other people quit too.
I’m sorry for my stupid negativity.

5 Likes

Hey there. No need to be sorry for sharing your heart. If it matters to you, it matters to us here as well.

Calling something a disorder or an illness can be hurtful for many people, and I bet you’re not the only one to feel that way. Those are generally named “disorders” only because it goes along with a diagnosis and receiving psychological help at some point. But unfortunately, mental health conditions in general, just like physical illnesses, are often perceived as synonym of “being less”, which is just not true.

In any case, at the end of the day, what matters is that you can name your experience in a way that would be meaningful to you, because it’s what will help you in the long run, whether you call it a disorder, a condition, a trait of character or a gift. Everyone’s uniqueness is a treasure to cherish. :heart:

1 Like

leonafan000,

Thanks for sharing. You’re right… I’m not a fan of labels for this precise reason. Once labeled … it seems that’s all you are. Peace

1 Like