Lately, I have been feeling like I am autistic. There are a lot of signs of autism I relate to:
- Masking and repeating word for word what someone else has said to get the same reaction
- I get uncomfortable when people touch me
- Sounds can make me overstimulated
- Wanting to touch things just to know what it feels like
- Cringing when I touch or eat something with a strange texture
- Getting upset when things don’t go like my normal routine
- T-Rex arms
- Eye contact and manners
- Special interest is music
- Obsessing over things such as weight or intelligence
There are so many more I could list. I want to get evaluated, but my parents openly mock people on the spectrum. It hurts. They say things about my sister who has ADHD and wants to get evaluated for Bipolar Depression like “She just wants to be special”
I have started to doubt my self-diagnosis. I’ll say that my brain is just tricking me because I feel this need to be different. The same thing is happening with being asexual. I see so much on the internet that aces just don’t want sex. It makes me question anything.
Honestly, I don’t know why I wrote this. I guess I kind of hope someone can relate. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.