Avenged-sevenfold-said-it-best-not-even-stars-last - 1514

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/39077
Avenged Sevenfold said it best “not even stars last forever”. Everything is temporary and we take nothing with us to the grave. Some people think that means life is meaningless but in my eyes, that means EVERYTHING matters. If this experience is all we have and all we get, then it’s up to us to make the most of it and seize all that life has to offer.

2 Likes

It’s such a good perspective to have. We only get one life and we only get one chance to embrace the people we love and to treasure them. It can be daunting to think about life as temporary, but it can also be inspiring!

It’s a powerful reframe. And what it points to is that hope is perspective. You can take the same information and look at it from multiple vantage points, and it will change the effect that information has on you. What you’ve done is taken something that many people find leads to a void, a sense of “falling” or existential dread, or hopelessness/pointlessness/apathy, and you’ve found a way to make it meaningful. It’s something that charges you, that gives energy and purpose to your movements through life, and it gives you a sense of awe and appreciation and joy in the moment. This kind of mental rework is really powerful in our own mental health journeys. This week, I pulled my hamstring in a soccer game and was driving home feeling super upset, and I had to check myself - how is it that I want to respond? Because I can’t change that anymore, I have to choose how I want to be. In the cold bath afterwards, I realized - I want to believe that this is something happening /for/ me instead of something that’s happening /to/ me. And just like you - it completely changed my perspective on the situation and sapped all of my bitterness and self-pity. Appreciate you sharing this because it’s a powerful reminder for us to use our perspective to energize ourselves.