Back again and this time it's worse

Hey all, I really don’t know what to do anymore. I’ve had a very bad relapse and I feel like I can’t do anything right. I know how worthless I actually I am, and it feels terrible. But that’s the cold hard truth.
Anyways I’m sorry…I hope you all have a good day/weekend.

I wanna start by saying that you are not worthless. You may feel bad about relapsing but you are not worthless. I don’t know the details of your situation, but please talk to somebody about what’s going on. Professional help would be a great option to help get you where you need to be. Hang in there. I’m here for you!

1 Like

Hey, it’s okay to struggle.

You are not your addiction. Sometimes addiction can overcome us and consume us, but you are truly greater than your addiction. Addiction is an illness just like any other. When someone is very physically sick, if they get the appropriate help, then they will hopefully get better. This is no different. It’s okay to need help and support, and it’s even better to get that help.

Have you thought about seeing a counselor or therapist? If you find someone you can trust and who gets you, it might really help.

^^^This is a lie you are telling yourself. I definitely understand how this can feel true sometimes, but I promise you that it is not. In order to relapse you have to have been clean, so even with this limited information I can prove to you that you already have done something right. So you definitely can. If you can do it once you can do it again. I believe in you.

This is also a lie, even though it can seem true sometimes. Every human being has worth. You are here for a reason. Please don’t give up, because this feeling is not forever and neither is the addiction. You can get through this. Truly. If you don’t feel comfortable reaching out to anyone else yet, thank you for reaching out to us and please don’t hesitate to do so again. I do encourage everyone to seek professional help though, because I think we all could use it. So if you feel comfortable, I’d suggest giving that a shot as well. But anyway, you will overcome this and you will be a stronger person because of it. Much love to you <3

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words, I starting seeing a therapist a couple weeks ago (my next appointment is this upcoming Monday), I will need to bring all this up to him.

2 Likes

@guffaw Yeah you’re just being too hard on yourself. We are our own worse critics. Where you see yourself as a failure or disappointment. Well, a lot of us has been there or experienced something similar. We don’t see you as anyone, but human.

Humans make mistakes all of the time. I make mistakes. Dust the dirt off your shoulder and keep at it. I read a lot of books on success all say the samething. You become a success by being consistent. You just don’t quit until it happens (even if it seems to never happen).

This is how you overcome anything that seems overwhelming (even life ending) that you force yourself to keep going.

I know you are strong. We all cheer for you.

1 Like