Bad Urges To Cut

I’ve been trying hard to stop cutting myself after doing it for 6 years because of bipolar and anxiety disorder. I’m struggling so much right now. I’m so anxious all the time and keep getting strong urges to cut but I don’t want to get really addicted again. I don’t know what to do

1 Like

I know how you feel i have had bad urges to cut because i felt like that was the only way to get my mind off things. I can’t really say much on this topic because of the fact that i haven’t completely stop cutting myself either. But I know how addicting it is i suffer from anxiety to and some other thngs but i wanna help you cuz i wish some one would help me too but just know there are other ways to get rid of your stress just try to wait for a day atleast and see how you feel after and if you feel the same just think about how many people care even if you think there is none for example i wouldnt want my friend or family or whatever hurting themselves, im not saying you should be ashamed, i just want you to know nobody wants this for you and i know i dont personally know you or know you at all but i wouldn’t want you to do this and my some one once told me that it can always be easier to write things down even tho it might seem boring or a waste of time and you could just sit and listen to music. My point is everyone has a differnt way to cope or make them selves feel better and you can too as long as it is not self harm.

@Sandia thank you for your advice and for caring enough to answer me :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

Yes of course you need to know how important you are :’)

So do you!! If you are struggling pls reach out, I am always here if you need anything :two_hearts:

Well actually yes i made a post recently you dont have too look at it but thanks i appreciate you

1 Like

I just saw it, I’m sorry you are having such a difficult time. I know everyone says it especially when you are struggling but taking your own life really won’t fix your problem or feelings. I can relate to feeling like a burden but I remind myself how those people in my life would really feel if I went through with it. Kind of like sitting through a self harm urge I find it’s the same for suicidal thoughts and urges. I don’t know you but you are loved and valued and do not deserve to be in pain. I’m not sure if this is of any help but I hope you reach out for further support if you need it. :heart:

1 Like

Yes it does help actually i find it easier to talk to some one i dont know but i hope in the future we can talk under differnt circumstances ofc but again thank you for the support :purple_heart:

No worries hun, I know how difficult mental health issues can be. :blush:

Yes well it was nice to talk to some one thanks :wave:

1 Like

Hey @GrungeGirl,

I’m sorry you’ve been struggling with urges to cut. I guess, these days at least with covid/quarantine, it’s totally normal to feel more anxious.

I don’t know if you already heard about the app “Calm Harm”, but maybe it could be worth to take a look at it? It’s indeed to help to manage urges to self-harm.

We don’t know each other but I’m really proud of you for reaching out and to keep fighing against those urges. They can be very strong, for sure, but you still have control over it.

Sending hugs your way. :hrtlegolove:

Thank you for your kind words. I actually do have the app but I get kind of slack about actually using it. I will definitely try it again :two_hearts:

1 Like