Been feeling a lot more positive lately

I feel like going back into therapy has made a huge difference in my life recently and I’ve been doing a lot of reflection.

1. Most recently, I’ve managed to cut back a lot of work stress because I’ve been able to better accept my progress as being enough, so I can stop thinking so much about not getting this or that done fast enough.

2. I’ve noticed that I feel a bit more confident taking on more challenging things, that I want to try more things by myself without asking for help first, and I also opened up to my coworkers about my worry that I am bothering them with my questions when I know they’re busy. To my surprise, one of my coworkers was actually concerned that I wasn’t consulting as much, and I was assured that they want to help me as much as possible because I am showing interest and dedication to my job. That made me feel much better and because I took the time to reach out to them about my concerns, I no longer need to feel as though I am bothering them.

3. I have come to a point where, for the most part, I feel more solid in my convictions and more able to stand up for myself when my beliefs or morals are challenged.

4. I am starting to compliment my husband more which was one of my communication goals, and I also told him how I feel as far as not being able to take compliments and how he can help. We have always been happy but I think this is a great step for us.

I think I am finally reaching the next level of self respect and self love. For the first time in my life I can really see myself no longer needing regular therapy. I do intend to continue because there are still some things I need to work on, but this is the first time in my life where I’ve felt it might be possible to go through life without needing therapy.

6 Likes

Hi @Sapphire that is amazing to hear!! Thank you for sharing such powerful testimony. I can’t wait to start meeting with a counselor again. Your words give me hope :heart:

1 Like