Been struggling a bit

I’ve been struggling a bit, but i haven’t been struggling has much as i normally. my depression has been a bit bad.

4 Likes

What have you been doing to take care of yourself? Have you done anything just for fun? My son called me today, saying his depression is worse recently too. I did the usual daddy lecture, which probably wasn’t necessary, other than to let him know I cared.

We care about you too.

2 Likes

Hi @Horselover200246
I am sorry to hear that. Is there anything in particular that has beef making you feel worse? It might not be obvious but I know that when my depression gets worse there can be triggers that started the decline. I hope it will get better soon. Hang in there :heart:

1 Like

i have been taking care of myself as much as i can

2 Likes

Not that i know i think it was from my cousin being an asshole to everyone

2 Likes

It’s good to notice these changes in the way your depression affects you. Even if it feels constant, it really shows that there are subtleties and changes from one day to another. You’re not completely trapped. You still have power over it. Each act of self-care is a win against your depression too.

Keep taking care of yourself as much as needed - in healthy ways of course.

You are loved. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Hey friend, depression is no joke - I’ve personally had to deal with it for more than half my life. The fact that you posted something means you are aware of this happening. This means you can do what you can to help your depression. What I ask is; do you have any coping strategies that you turn to for when you get depressed? For example, I force myself to go on walks outside so I can get my blood going and listen to music to get my energy up. It can be overwhelming to even do that, but I’ve learned that If I push myself to find the brighter things in life, my day or days can end up better as well. Know that you’re not alone and that I’m proud of you for opening up about this - that is powerful.

1 Like

thank you for being so open and sharing your heart. Thank you for being here. You are seen and heard. I know it can be a huge step to even acknowledge when things are feeling bad, so I want to celebrate that you opened up and took that step. If you need to share more please know we are here

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.