BeHeard Fan #01

At 5 years old I was beat up at the park only for the color of my skin. I came home bloody and crying and couldn’t see. I never knew that people hated others just because of their skin color until that day. It took a long time to get over that attack and it was hard to realize that just because I was beat up for being white it doesn’t mean all people of certain races hate me.

4 Likes

I know that it’s hard to over horrible experiences like this. I feel like other people would feel the same. It’s okay to feel stuck and hopeless. Sometimes it takes time to process stuff. I’m currently working through some stuff that happened in my life. But I also find that sometimes you have to go looking for hope. No matter how stuck you feel, you have to, when you’re ready, go looking for the hope that makes it easier to feel less stuck. You sound like such a strong person. I know this won’t be easy, but I believe that you’ll find a way to overcome this and the feeling of hopelessness!

1 Like

i know how it feels to be made fun of because of your skin color i constantly get made fun of because im Mexican but i have really light skin and it just makes me feel like i don’t fit in or like im not doing some thing right. im sorry yours led to physical violence if you wanna talk im here to listen

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing your story here. I can’t imagine how scary it must have been at five years old to be forced to recognize that people will treat you poorly for things you have no control over. Sending love to you.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here and being willing to listen and support others. I can’t imagine what it must feel like to feell like you are not Mexican enough to fit in with the Latinx community, but not white enough to fit in the white community. It must feel like you are toeing a line that only you have to walk on. Thank you for opening up here. If you want to share more of your story we are here to listen.

2 Likes

@Sandia

I’m sorry you went through that. There is a lot of tension in the Latino/Hispanic community. Enough of hatred. We got to learn of how to love one another. I hope you are taking your process of healing one day at a time.

@BeHeard_Fans

It’s sad that happened to you when you were a kid. It haunts you. You are afraid of someone new will hate you because of your skin color. Don’t let fear consumes you. Let love, forgiveness, and the Spirit of Truth transform your life. You will get better. I hope you are hanging on in this madness of the world. Thank you for sharing. Peace.

Hey friend. We hear you, we see you, we love you.
We read over your topic on the HeartSupport Twitch stream. Here’s the live video:

Hold fast

1 Like