BeHeard Fan #04

I feel terrible that it has taken the country this long to recognize how racism has never died. I want to help as a nonblack POC, but at times I’m scared it’ll never be enough. It seems like the government might never listen to their citizens begging for change in how the black community is treated.

6 Likes

Hey Friend! First. Thank you for writing!! Know all of us is standing with you right now! We need to take action and fight systematic racism because truthful right now. Black Lives Matter!

1 Like

Even the smallest actions can make a big difference. Even just educating yourself on different issues and learning and unlearning is important. Donating just a dollar to black organizations and organizations fighting against racism is helping. And if you are 18+ voting for local and state officials who want to help raise the voices of black lives and create policies to help these people is making a difference.

2 Likes

Hi, me! You’re getting lots of encouragement right now. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey friend,

The fact that you’re willing to help and make a positive impact regarding the situation is awesome. It’s a very precious and positive energy that you have here! Don’t let yourself discouraged by the idea that it will never be enough. Of course, you’re not going to solve the problem of racism only by yourself. But it doesn’t mean your actions wouldn’t matter either. Every positive action matters, regardless of how much impact it has. Try to focus on what you can do, with the means that you have. The smallest actions, gathered together, can have a great impact. And it can be done in so many different ways (sharing the word on social medias or to your relatives, being actively part in an association or supporting them, gaining more knowledge about racism so you can make others understand why it’s important to keep fighting against this injustice, listening to people/sharing words of encouragement, creating something to share a message and raise awareness (…)). It can be anything. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

@BeHeard_Fans

What you can do is love another human being. Everyone in this world has to learn of how to love better. I am not good at it. So help us God. You will make an impact.

Thank you for posting here, and sharing the position you are in. Many here might read that and feel connected because they are having the same experience right now, and that means a lot to our community you would post and be vulnerable here.

Listening, Learning, and Supporting the people who are standing up for injustice is how I am best giving them the space to create their movement. In times like these it can make other’s feel really helpless as they witness people they care about face so much hate, but I have set aside my feeling helpless, and used my anger and sadness to see them better. To hear them more clearly. To learn more about what they face so I can better make them the space for their movement, and amplify their voices by standing beside them with the same message.

You matter, and it is okay to be upset. Thank you for speaking out.

2 Likes

It sort of makes me angry and sad at the same time… I’m Norwegian, so correct me if I’m wrong…
But how can SOME… not all… Officers and people treat someone like they are less equal when alot of them say they are christian? Did Jesus just die for for white humans? NO!! If you really believe in The Lords sacrifice… You don’t see color… You see brother and sister :heart:

1 Like

Hey friend. We hear you, we see you, we love you.
We read over your topic on the HeartSupport Twitch stream. Here’s the live video:

Hold fast

1 Like