BeneathTheSkin Fan #7

Too much is happening once! I am pregnant, my husband and I are looking for a home (and can’t find one), and my grandfather only has a few months to live.

I went through a few months recently where I was going through some similar things we even got a house and just before closing sellers rejected the deal… I feel like im stuck in this town and I need to leave… that on top of a bunch of other things, but what I want to say is that you aren’t alone in feeling overwhelmed. I lost several people this past year as well and im so sorry. I want you to know that you are being heard and that your feelings are completely valid. Is there anything that is going well? sometimes it helps me to get grounded by finding things that are ok to help balance my feelings.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the encouragement! Sometimes it is helpful to be reminded that other people go through these things too. It is also good to be reminded to look for things to be thankful for! I had actually thought of that this morning (that I need to start thanking God for some things), but then I got focused on my own thoughts and forgot.
There are plenty of things going well, I suppose. The weather is finally cooling, which always helps my mood! Also, I am very excited about this little baby of ours, and was totally (and unexpectedly) blessed by a couple of friends today that I have not seen in a long time. :grin:

2 Likes

I can sincerely hear a change in you from the two different posts… I hope you can continue to look forward and I will be praying for you and your family. I believe thankfulness is a powerful tool.

1 Like

Congratulations on your little one! Sometimes pregnancy can take stressful situations and make them even more overwhelming. In 2014 I was pregnant with our second son, and my husband had just started a job 1.5 hours away. We ended up living in a motel and then staying with friends for several months while we tried to find a place of our own. It was a stressful situation, but through it I learned how to receive from others and how to discern needs from wants.

I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. Make as many memories as you can - take photos, write down memories, if possible record some videos for your little one to watch when he / she is older. <3

1 Like

Thank you so much! This is a huge encouragement, and such great ideas. It is true that pregnancy emotions make everything seem much more dramatic. Most days I do well with the emotions, but sometimes life just gets to be a bit too much to handle!

It is good to hear about all the things you learned through your trials. Sometimes it can be difficult to see what it is all for, but God works all things together for good. Hopefully I can remember that later if I get overwhelmed again. Thank you again, and God bless you!

1 Like