Birthday today

today is my birthday : ) i’m turning 17. i don’t think i’ll be able to do anything today or really any day soon but that’s fine. i never get to do anything anyways. i just want a selectt few people to remember it today… i just want at least them to care. tbh i think my family either forgot or doesn’t care though lol. that’s fine too ig. i’m not anything special and neither is this day

9 Likes

Happy birthday!

I never got to do anything on my birthdays so I understand how you feel. Of course everyone has to be extra careful now with Covid, so that doesn’t help. I guess because of this I don’t really care too much about my birthday. Its pretty much just another day to me.

But anyways. Thats awesome. Being 17 will make it a lot easier to become independent and start deciding your own fate. Maybe thinking about getting your own place, go out and make some friends, make your own rules, the possibilities are very exciting, I’m happy for you.

When I read this I was reminded of a personal lesson I had to learn and it made it a lot easier to be kinder to myself.

What people choose to do or not do is not a reflection of who you are as a person or your worth. All it does is show you what kind of person they really are. If they don’t wish you a happy birthday, it doesn’t mean you don’t matter, it just means they’re inconsiderate of your feelings and need to work on themselves.

You are special, friend, and if you want to do something special for your birthday then do it. Go for a drive or something and just get away for a while or maybe go see a movie if you feel up to it.

3 Likes

Happy birthday, friend!

I care. I’m glad you’re here. And I’m glad you told us it’s your birthday. <3

2 Likes

Happy birthday!! I’m glad you told us.

2 Likes

Happy birthday @echo! :heart: :sunflower: No matter how you want to spend your time today, I hope it goes as you want.

You matter, friend. You are unique. I’m grateful that you’re here with us, part of this online family.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday! I’m sorry you get this message late. I want to celebrate that you are alive because you are awesome :[)

2 Likes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.