Blackout 2020

I recently talked with someone who grew up in a small town where everyone knew everyone, they’re raised to respect local authority who would risk their life, job, safety and friendships helping you. discussing that some people were called for cops to disband, that they’re not actually benefiting society anymore. growing up in the city, I have to agree as I’ve seen so much injustice antagonized by that same system that is supposed to protect its citizens. Here cops aren’t allowed to get involved. they drive up and watch the show. The person I was talking to said they were raised different, but surprisingly they’re the same 1 to suggest cops trade their uniforms for referee shirts, yet wanted to pose the question “when something serious happens, didn’t you call the cops?” I answer here: yes and regret it. They do nothing. Out of 10 situations only 1 was solved because the entire neighborhood was itching to become a mob.

I don’t have a question, just needed to get this off my chest. It weighs heavily on me and I need to stop carrying it.

3 Likes

@anon27728552

I am in my room, and I hear police sirens passing by. How coincindental? I don’t know what it is going to happen this week. A bomb explodes and more are exploding. I’m just like you. I don’t know what to do anymore. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for allowing us to help you carry that, and I appreciate you and your friend’s story here. We love and support you, and I am so sorry that the people put in place to protect you have not been there when you needed them. You matter, your story matters. Thank you for being here.

2 Likes