Blown away right now

I haven’t seen a doctor in two years. I finally decided I needed to go so I could get a psych evaluation because I need a medication adjustment. Plus, I was running out of refills on all my meds.

I had blood work done on Monday and the last couple days I’ve spent thinking that my A1C (It measures your average blood glucose or blood sugar level over the past 3 months) was going to be high. My diet has been pretty shit for a while now.

This morning, I went in to hear results of my blood work. (Thank you @Lisalovesfeathers for your encouragement this morning. You helped me calm down.)

She told me that my diabetes is now considered controlled and I don’t have to watch carbs (I will tho) anymore or test my sugar every day. My A1C is 5.7 and anything between 5.7 - 6.4 is considered pre-diabetic. Over 6.5 is considered full diabetes.

I guess loosing 160 pounds kind of helped lol

I can’t even describe my emotions right now. I just wanted to share with my heart support family. :hrtlegolove:

7 Likes

look at those results!!

Congrats on all your successes!! Taking back control of the sugar levels is huge and I’m glad it opens back up more food options for you again. That’s pretty good, very proud of you, thank you for sharing!
confetti canon

2 Likes

Thank you @Sita

This is big, so big.

3 Likes

Congratulations Mystrose. :wink: It is very nice to see some good news right. I hope they will keep coming your way. Thank you for sharing your progress with us. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Wow, @Mystrose, that is so amazing! It’s surely been a stressful journey to get to that point, but what a beautiful reward, the beginning of something so much better for you. A big win today, yes, yes, yes!

3 Likes