BPD has taken over my life

I feel really silly sitting here typing all of this out, but here I am anyway.

I was diagnosed with BPD a few years ago and I feel that I do meet majority of the criteria. If you are familiar with the disorder and may have the disorder, you know that it is common to be misunderstood and labled unfairly.

I am hyper aware of myself, my thoughts, and all of my emotions. I have severe abandonment issues and get attached to people really easily but then again, feel the need to push them away; especially because I feel like I need to protect them from myself. I live with SI and I have been given coping mechanisms that seem not to work for me anymore, especially in a time like this where I am alone most of the time. I feel that I am usually a good person because I love and care for others so intensely. I feel like those in my life that know about my disorder find me difficult and feel that they have to walk on eggshells around me because I am so sensitive and feel emotions so strongly that I can’t control.

Since the quarantine started, my SI has been more intense. I hit a breaking point today and I think that the biggest reason I feel suicidal is because I feel like a terrible waste of space and don’t want to be around to hurt anyone emotionally and I don’t have the energy to keep fighting the disorder and the inner monologue that I have. I am very tired of feeling things to such a deep extent.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you have been struggling…That sounds like it could be very difficult to cope with. I don’t know what that feels like, but I can assure you that your not a waste of space. You have a purpose just as much as anyone else on this planet. It sounds like you have learned how to identify it pretty well. I hope you can see beyond it and know that you are special. Thanks for reaching out and we are here to help you along the way!

You are a lot stronger then me, I hope your doing good after talking about it, sometimes that helps me. Please keep going and moving🙂