Breaking down help

Dealing with being sexually assualted alone is so awful. Thearpy didnt help me. My friends just dont understand. Ive tried so hard to work on it myself and figure myself out but its breaking me down.

1 Like

Courtney,

I am so sorry to hear that you were sexually assaulted. I’m sorry that therapy doesn’t seem to be helping and that your friends don’t understand. That must be a very lonely place to be in.

You are strong and brave. Don’t give up hope. Today may be hard. Tomorrow may be hard. Maybe even a month or six months from now may be hard. But someday, you can be okay.

This just popped in my head. But are there any support groups for survivors of sexual assault in your area? Maybe do a google search for agencies that help people who are dealing with sexual assault or maybe even a shelter for women who have dealt with domestic violence and see if they know of any support groups. I don’t know if there are any in your area. But if there are it would probably help you feel less alone. There would be others who can relate to your story. It’s just an idea.

Be gentle with yourself. You have been through a lot. Know you are doing the best you can.

I will pray that you can find others who can relate to you so you don’t feel so alone.

You aren’t alone. Keep fighting. You are loved.

3 Likes

Friend. I strongly advice you go and look into some therapy. Trauma is something that we can’t face alone, as much as we want too. I’m so sorry this happened to you, no one deserves to go through that. Keep reaching out to the people in this community, see if counselling or therapy is an option. You deserve to get the help you need.

Hold fast.
Kayla

2 Likes

Hey @Bandfreakcourtney,

I’m so, so sorry to hear that you were sexually assaulted. No one deserves to be treated like that. You’re worth SO much more. Your life is valuable. Sometimes it takes a few tries to find the right counselor; it sounds like maybe you didn’t connect with your first one. I would highly recommend to check out another counselor. Dealing with trauma alone is extremely difficult. Thank you for reaching out; please keep us updated!

-Eric

2 Likes

Courtney, first I want to say that I am so sorry this has happened to you. It is not easy for anyone to handle, and the fact that you are powering on and even seeking help is a testament to your courage and strength. I personally can empathize with your feelings of powerlessness in this situation, it is a horrible thing to endure and overcome.

I know you mentioned that therapy did not help you, but I recommend trying again and searching for a new therapist. I know this can be incredibly draining, but I believe in you (as does the entire community here). In my own experience it took me many many years of searching for the right therapist to find someone that I clicked with and that helped, but when I finally did it was like magic. The pain was a little less every time I told my story, I had a sounding board for all of my anxious thoughts, and I looked forward to all of my sessions. Searching for a new therapist or going back can take a lot of energy and stress, so at the very least I’m proud of you for seeking out this online community.

If you ever wish to talk with someone who has gone through similar things or who understands, you are more than welcome to send me a message.

Stay strong! You are never powerless, and never alone. We’re here for you.

1 Like